This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

As we use the winter Olympics to procrastinate from deadlines, many will take inspiration from the success and achievements of these sportsmen and women. Though many of us have had enough of this cold weather, some still have ski holidays awaiting them at the end of this term. Here is some snow sport wardrobe inspiration to make you look fabulous both on and off the slopes as you channel your inner chalet girl and embrace the cold.

Bright

If you want to stand out on the slopes then bright colours are definitely a good choice. Sometimes its worth waiting to buy ski wear in the resort you are going to as you are more likely to find something individual. Clashing colours and over-the-top one-piece ski outfits, somehow always look great both on the slopes and off.  However, if you are not the most talented or confident skier/snowboarder (think Bridget Jones), the more garish looks may not quite be right; ‘all the gear, no idea’ springs to mind.  Neon colours have become increasingly popular with the emergence of freestyle skiing and boarding.

Fur

Fur or faux-fur is a great way to stay warm while looking stylish and chic. Many ski jackets have fur trimmed hoods or cuffs, creating a more sophisticated look. In an ideal world we would all be stylishly skiing decked out in Monclear but luckily many other more affordable brands offer similar styles. Ideally your ski jacket should be in a style versatile enough to wear in a snow resort as well as at home in the winter months. A simple fur headband to wear around the resort can also channel this theme.

Layer up

Thermals and warm jumpers are definitely needed for snow holidays. Though you want to look the part, these are essential items which need to be worn to fight the cold. However, many brands such as Sweaty Betty offer bright alternatives which will look equally great just worn around a chalet or après skiing after a long day on the slopes.

Après

For many people après skiing is the highlight of any winter sports holiday. Going out and partying in what you ski in creates a relaxed and fun environment. Fit into the party atmosphere with bright colours and eccentric outfits, plenty of which can be seen at places such as Folie Douce. Make sure your ski boots are comfortable enough for dancing on tables and après skiing into the late hours.

Accessorize

For winter sports, accessories are definitely needed to complete a look.  These are subtle ways to make your look more individual. Beanies or earmuffs are great to wear around the resort for a casual look. Ski goggles are also a way to brighten up your outfit without going overboard or sunglasses can equally finish a look well. Think Aviator or Wayfarer shapes for a more sporty style.

Photo Credits; weheartit.com, pinterest.com, sweatybetty.com