Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Spooky Halloween sex positions to (pumpkin) spice up your sex life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

It’s been a while since we wrote a sex positions article but fear not – we have lots of new positions for you to try this year! So if you’re looking for some sex positions to try this spooky season, then you’ve cum to the right place!

Witches broomstick

This is a perfect position if you want to have (and give) the ride of your life! Start with the giver lying flat on their back with their legs elongated to replicate a broomstick. The receiver then sits on top of their partner with their back to them, facing their feet. The receiver then grinds in circles on top of them as though they are brewing a magic potion. The giver occasionally thrusts upwards to simulate a bump in the road (or sky, depending on how high you fly). Looking to spice this up? Have the receiver lean backwards and the giver cast a spell on you with their body – or – have the receiver be even more in control by gripping onto the giver’s legs and leaning forwards for some extra penetration!

Trick or(al) treat

This is the perfect time to try out some flavoured lubes! Get a set of different flavours of lube (Ann Summers does a good bundle). Take turns with your partner to choose a lube (without the other knowing) and apply it to an area you want them to lick and stimulate. They then have to guess the flavour of it just by tasting it! Make sure that you are cleaning the areas in between so the flavours don’t mix. There are many ways to spice this up as well; you could introduce blindfolds so that the person receiving the pleasure has fewer senses to battle with or so that the person giving the pleasure has to find things in the dark! You could also add punishments for getting the answer wrong: spanking or kisses could work.

If you want a more budget-friendly version of this, you could try different foods such as Nutella or squirty cream – just make sure you’re placing them on an erogenous zone rather than your genitals to avoid infections.

The human centipede

Luckily this position doesn’t include any sewing of mouths or anuses! It’s perfect for partners looking to explore extra penetration, who both enjoy penetration or for sessions with three or more partners! For this position, you will need a dildo – preferably one with a suction base, but this isn’t necessary. With two people sessions, the giver backs a dildo plugged on to a wall (or just inserts it into a hole if it doesn’t have suction) and moves up and down it. Facing the same way as their partner, the receiver then backs onto their partner’s penis or another phallic object of choice. Then the giver thrusts forward and backwards, pleasuring themselves and their partner simultaneously. For sessions with more than two partners, this process is just repeated with everyone in a line – like in the Human Centipede film!

Make sure lots of lubrication is applied when engaging in anal activities and that objects being inserted have a flared base.

Apple Bobbing

This position is perfect for trying something a bit kinky without going the full mile! You’ll need some handcuffs or rope (make sure it isn’t self-tightening) for this one! In this case, the giver is submissive, but this could work with any gender combination. Start by having the receiver tie the hands of the giver behind their back – make sure they are loose enough to be comfortable and able to be quickly taken off if needed. They then sit on a chair or at the side of the bed, and the giver kneels down in front of them and performs oral on the receiver. Try all sorts of techniques whilst going down on them, for example, licking, sucking, kissing, swirling your tongue in different motions or flicking your tongue up and down. To take this to the next level, have the receiver tell you what to do and guide you through how best to pleasure them!

Vampiric kisses

Whilst this one isn’t a penetrative position, it is really hot, and sex is so much more than penetration! For this one, you will need a wall to be held against. One partner (who is being held against the wall) wraps their legs (one or two) around their partner. The other partner will passionately kiss them and explore their erogenous zones with their mouth, paying close attention to their neck and ears. Will they become a true vampire and leave some love bites?