Spoil Your Sweetheart this Valentines Day

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Being the dedicated girls we are, Her Campus headed down to Gandy Street’s Choccie Bar on Monday evening to sample their Valentine’s delights.After being thoroughly impressed, we’d like to pass on the wisdom to you, in time for you to drop a massive hint to your other half (or treat yourself if you’re an independent woman!)

First up we tried a gorgeous cocktail that the owner had made using the Mango Vodka on sale! Not only did it taste great, it comes in cute present sized 50cl bottles and Marshmallow, Toffee Fudge, and Cucumber flavours!

Chatting to lovely owner Katie, we were shown the beautiful array of Valentine themed chocolates she’s created – think heart shaped chocolate lollies and passion-fruit caramel filled chocolate lips. They’re all hand finished just upstairs of the shop, and are really stunning; it almost feels wrong to eat them!

We were then fortunate enough to participate in Choccie Bar’s market research, testing out a selection of flavoured hot chocolates that Katie wants to sell to take away, or to drink at the sweet little window seat whilst watching Gandy Street wander by. Among the favourites were a zesty Orange Hot Chocolate, and a cheeky Chai spiced number called ‘Masala Mojo’.

The highlight of our evening was trying the specially designed Her Campus chocolate – designed by none other than Culture writer Anna Garrett. It features a banana, peanut butter and honey ganache that blew our minds, and we are told that it will be soon gracing Choccie Bar’s shelves for all those interested in trying it for themselves. I have to say though, the evening would not have been the same without the fantastic Saxophonist who serenaded us through all the tasting. We were so grateful to Katie for making such an effort and really cheering up our Monday evening!

So, if you’ve yet to buy your sweetheart something sweet, or want to compliment your steamy romance with a steaming cup of hot chocolate – then pop into Gandy Street where the lovely Katie will steer you right! 

http://www.chocciebar.com

Photos: My own.