Resort of the Week: A Grecian Gem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

If you are looking for the perfect union of elegance and wow-factor then look no further than Elounda SA Hotels and Resorts, comprised of three five-star luxury hotels: Elounda Peninsula, Porto Elounda and Elounda Mare Hotel

Situated in Greece’s picturesque island of Crete, offering magnificent views of the Aegean Sea and Mirabello Bay, it is truly a holiday seeker’s paradise. The resort has its own blue flag private beach and most rooms have their own private pool with breathtaking views of the sea. 

If the mesmerising views, stunning scenery and faultless architecture isn’t enough to amaze you, then HCX is sure that the Six Senses Spa is every girl’s dream and most definitely not to be missed! Voted “Best Spa in Greece” and “One of the 12 Best Spas in Europe”, it has everything to offer from Turkish Hammam to private thalassotherapy suites. Popular treatments also include aromatherapy, holistic treatments and facials. The spa radiates a sense of serenity and peace; the beautiful interior of the spa is also breathtaking, including an indoor pool flowing into a stunning infinity pool overlooking the crystal blue waters of the Aegean Sea.

Everything about this resort is impressive, including its array of seven restaurants, ranging from fine dining to traditional cuisine. Odysseus, the seaside traditional Greek restaurant named after Homer’s Odyssey, is truly a unique experience; guests are invited to sit and dine on a glass floor over the sea. Koh is for those appreciating the art of fine food in a beautiful setting, offering a pan-Asian cuisine set against the waterfront. 

In terms of recreation, the resort has a lot to offer…The Golf club being one of the most popular pastimes where guests can learn, play and boost their abilities. Other activities range from water sports, inflatable games and yachting to scuba diving in the depths of the Aegean Sea. You can even go for a night dive with torches which allows for an unforgettable experience: observing the peacefulness of underwater life at its best.

HCX considers this resort to be every girl’s dream…A haven of pampering, sunbathing in beautiful settings, fine dining and even the opportunity to go scuba diving under the stars. A true gem.

Picture credits: www.portoelounda.com, www.elo…, www.tripadvisor.com