Warm Quinoa Salad
As we all wait for spring with bated breath, this warm salad is the perfect transition from hearty winter food to summery dishes. It is also great as a light lunch to power your brain through the rest of the day. This recipe has an exciting flavour whilst being low in calories and high in nutrients.
· 1tsp coconut oil
· 100g quinoa
· ½ courgette
· 100g broccoli
· 125g mushrooms
· 1tbs tahini
· 10 sundried tomatoes
· Salt & pepper
· ½ tsp paprika
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil
2. Meanwhile, thinly slice the courgette and mushrooms. Chop the broccoli into small, thin pieces.
3. Add 100g of quinoa to the boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes (or according to packet instructions).
4. Heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan.
5. First fry the broccoli for a minute before adding the courgette and mushroom. Fry the vegetables for 5 minutes, until they soften.
6. Once the quinoa is cooked, drain in a sieve making sure to get rid of all the excess water.
7. Briefly return the quinoa to the empty pan and mix the tahini through. You may wish to add a teaspoon of olive oil to loosen the consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix in a sprinkling of paprika and warm through on a low heat.
8. Add the cooked vegetables to the quinoa. Serve with sun dried tomatoes and olives.