Recipe of the Week: Freddos and Strawberries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With summer and the pressure to have a summer body a long distant memory, you would think that we would all stop caring about eating healthily. But, alas, when you live in Exeter and the student population is a strong 9/10 in the looks department, it’s easy to feel like you need to be on a permanent diet. Whether you’ve given up on this diet, or are religiously following a regime that consists of lots of gross green stuff and need a cheeky break, this recipe will come in handy. Because Rule Number One of dieting is that you need a cheat day.

We’re not sure about you, but we aren’t always in the mood to be domestic goddesses in the kitchen – sometimes you just want to whip something up really quickly. So if you are a fellow undomestic goddess, then this recipe is for you!

What you’ll need:

• 6 Freddos bars.
  • 20 strawberries
  • A microwave

How to make this yummy snack:

• Place the 6 Freddos bars on a microwavable plate, lining them up next to each other.
  • Place this plate in the microwave on full heat for no more than 75 seconds. If you exceed this amount of time then the chocolate will undoubtedly be burnt to a crisp and absolutely inedible.
  • Do not leave the chocolate to cool, or it will solidify. Instead, start dipping the strawberries in straightaway!

Enjoy this ‘highly nutritious’ fruity snack!

I am the new President of Her Campus Exeter. Last year I was a very enthusiastic Sex & Relationships editor, and I hope to be a magazine journalist. I'm slightly addicted to Diet Coke, and running to the fridge is my idea of exercise.