This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Nice, the capital of the French Riviera, is a city that truly lives up to its name. Located on the Mediterranean coast, Nice offers visitors a breath-taking view of the crystal blue waters and the stunning French Alps. The city is a perfect blend of old-world charm and modern sophistication, making it a popular destination for tourists from all over the world.

One of the most popular attractions in Nice is the Promenade des Anglais. This 7-kilometer-long walkway stretches along the beach and is the perfect spot for a leisurely stroll or a jog. Along the way, you will come across many cafes, restaurants, and shops, as well as a beautiful view of the sea.

If you are a history-buff or interested in architecture, the Old Town of Nice is an essential tourist spot. Known as Vieux-Nice, the Old Town is home to a labyrinth of narrow streets and vibrant buildings dating back to the 17th and 18th centuries. It is also home to many museums and galleries, including the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, the Matisse Museum, and the Musée National Marc Chagall.

Nice has many shopping options for those seeking retail therapy. The city has several open-air markets, including the famous Cours Saleya market. A variety of goods can be found here, including fresh fruits, vegetables, flowers, and local handicrafts. There are a number of high-end boutiques and designers’ shops located in the city centre as well, offering a broad selection of goods.

Nice is also a great culinary destination, offering a wide variety of French and Mediterranean cuisine. Local specialities include socca (a type of pancake made with chickpea flour) and pissaladière (a type of pizza with onions, anchovies, and olives). The city is also home to many Michelin-starred restaurants, where you can experience the best of French cuisine.

Finally, Nice is an ideal base for exploring the rest of the French Riviera. The nearby towns of Cannes, Antibes, and Monaco are all within easy reach by train or bus. You can also take a boat trip along the coast, where you can see some of the most beautiful scenery in the region.

In conclusion, Nice is a city that has something for everyone – from stunning beaches and historic architecture, to bustling shopping centres and dining.

My most memorable moments from the trip, and recommendations:

• Watching the sunset on the beach!
  • Consuming far too much bread (the patisseries were certainly a highlight).
  • Our group realising that our accommodation was located directly opposite an airport (thankfully the noise pollution wasn’t too bad).
  • For an unforgettable panoramic view of the city, and a thrilling ride, I highly recommend taking a spin on the Ferris wheel located in La Place Massena.
  • Visiting the Russian Orthodox Cathedral. The architecture is truly captivating, and it was interesting to learn about the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Western Europe.
  • Visiting Park Phoenix Zoo. With its diverse collection of animals (over 3000!), beautiful botanical gardens, and interactive exhibits, Park Phoenix offers a fun and educational day out.
  • If you’re interested in exploring the rich and diverse cultures of Asia, I highly recommend visiting the Museum of Asian Arts in Nice, with its impressive collection of art and artifacts from across the continent.
A huge nerd with a passion for niche tv shows, RPGs, and playing my guitar. You will usually find me consuming unhealthy amounts of coffee, or stressing in the library!