This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

While I love rewatching comfort shows around this time of year – Friends! New Girl! The Office! – I also get excited whenever I stumble upon new a series to fall in love with. Whether it’s meeting their charming characters or getting wrapped up in fascinating and unpredictable storylines, I enjoy discovering new shows that’ll take me by surprise.

So, if you too are looking for a recently released or upcoming series to get excited about this term, simply scroll away…

The Bear – Disney+

Release Date: October 5th

Cast: Jeremy Allen White, Ayo Edebiri, Ebon Moss-Bachrach

A talented young chef, Carmy Berzatto, returns to Chicago to run his family’s sandwich shop after a tragic death in his family. Carmy has to fight to transform both the restaurant and himself while working alongside a kitchen crew that’s stuck in its ways.

Why you should watch it: 

The stress it puts you through is worth it.  

From Scratch – Netflix

Release Date: October 21st

Cast: Zoe Saldaña, Eugenio Mastrandrea, Danielle Deadwyler

Amy Wheeler, an American student studying in Italy, meets and falls in love with Lino, a Sicilian chef. When Lino faces health issues and the couple’s future is threatened, the two families are forced to come together.

Why you should watch it: 

If you want to escape to Italy for a few heart-breaking/warming hours.

Blockbuster – Netflix

Release Date: November 3rd

Cast: Randall Park, Melissa Fumero, Madeleine Arthur

Timmy Yoon is in charge of operating the last Blockbuster Video store in the US. Alongside his employees, he must work to remind their small-town community that their local store is worth saving.

Why you should watch it: 

To fill ‘The Office’-shaped hole in your life.

The English – BBC

Release Date: November 11th

Cast: Emily Blunt, Chaske Spencer, Rafe Spall

An Englishwoman travels to America seeking revenge on the man she sees as responsible for the death of her son. There, she meets a mysterious Pawnee cavalry scout, who she may share a history with.

Why you should watch it: 

Emily Blunt’s in it… I think that’s all you need.

Riches – ITV

Release Date: December 3rd

Cast: Deborah Ayorinde, Sarah Niles, Adeyinka Akinrinade

Stephen Richards has built a cosmetics empire, but when he suffers a stroke, drama erupts within the family. Long-kept family secrets make themselves known and his children argue over their father’s multi-million-pound company.

Why you should watch it: 

It’s the UK’s answer to ‘Succession.’

A psychology student who loves all things fashion, film and fiction