Most Anticipated Christmas Telly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Christmas: it’s SO nearly here! The time of year when you can dedicate a whole day (or as a student, a whole month) to eating yummy festive amazingness and watching a whole load of TV. However, there is a problem. At Christmas time there is a lot, and we mean a LOT, going on TV wise. So here at HCX we’ve decided to help you lovely ladies out by narrowing the world of Christmas TV down to 5 unmissable shows airing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day. You’re welcome!

Christmas Day:

Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special – BBC 1 – 5pm

If you’ve been watching this series of Strictly you’ll be sure to love this Christmas special, starring celebrities Matt Goss, DJ Sara Cox, comedian Rufus Hound, Rochelle Humes from The Saturday’s, Radio 2’s Elaine Paige and Ricky Norwood.

Doctor Who: ‘The Time Of The Doctor – BBC 1 – 7.30pm

This one brings about mixed emotions – everyone is excited to see it, (and find out how the Doctor can regenerate more than his previously allowed 12 times), but also nobody wants to see Matt Smith leave the show! It looks like an action-packed goodbye though…

Downton Abbey Christmas Special – ITV – 7.30pm

Regular watchers of the show will be ecstatic about this special, with the family moving to London for summer and a trip to the beach, there’s sure to be plenty to entertain.

Boxing Day:

Gangsta Granny – BBC 1 – 6.05pm

A hilarious adaptation of David Walliam’s hit children’s novel ‘Gangsta Granny’ is set to be very popular due to its vast array of comedy legend. The cast is to include Miranda Hart, Robbie Williams, Rob Brydon, Joanna Lumley and David Walliams himself.

Big Fat Quiz of the Year – Channel 4 – 9pm

Jimmy Carr once again hosts a fun-packed quiz that comically sums up the year’s events.

Michael Bublé’s Christmas Special – 7.15pm

Here at HCX we can’t imagine a man (apart from Santa) that sums up Christmas better than Michael Bublé. What could be better than this man joining you for left over Christmas dinner on Boxing Day?

So whether you need something to distract you from how much you’ve just eaten, or you just don’t want to be out of the loop, these shows are the ones for you!

Photo Credits: www.blog.zap2it.com, www.metro.co.uk, www.michaelbuble.com, www.dailymail.co.uk, www.digitalspy.co.uk, www.christmasadvert.com