This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Chocolate truffles are a luxury for Christmas and make a great stocking-filler for loved ones. I have started practicing recipes for Christmas and this is already one of my favorites. This is also a great recipe to make with younger siblings if they like to get their hands a little messy! If you want to make these child-friendly you can easily swap out the alcohol and coffee for 10ml more of double cream, and use milk chocolate instead. Instead of rolling the truffles in cocoa powder, you can roll them in crushed 99 Flakes. Use your creative licence! This recipe makes about 15. 

Ingredients:

100ml double cream 

25g light brown sugar 

150g dark chocolate (70%)

30g unsalted butter 

4 tbsp Kahlua

2 tbsp espresso 

Sifted cocoa powder for decoration 

Method: 

1. Add your finely chopped chocolate, butter, Kahlua and espresso to a heatproof bowl. 
  2. Bring the double cream and sugar to a boil in a saucepan. Pour the hot liquid over the chocolate and mix until everything is melted and glossy. 
  3. Transfer into a flat dish with high sides and leave to cool for about 3 hours in the fridge. 
  4. Once the mixture has cooled, roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls. Then place the ball into the cocoa powder and roll it until it is fully covered. You can store these truffles for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge. 

Sophie is in her final year at the University of Exeter. She is the President, Editor in Chief, Social Secretary and Campus Correspondent for the Exeter Chapter of Her Campus (2021 - 2023). Sophie would love to work in the media, specifically marketing, when she graduates because of her love for reading and editing... in fact as you read this she is probably wishing that she was lying by a pool with a good book and an iced coffee!