Made In Chelsea: Series Five Round-Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Say goodbye to Monday Arena and any other commitments you may have because, oh yes, Made in Chelsea returns to our screens this Monday and here at Her Campus Exeter we cannot wait! It has been too long since the awkward silences, close ups of Andy’s nostrils and Jamie screaming ‘Yeah Boi’ have graced our screens. Here’s a quick reminder of what went on last season and a prediction of what this season has in store…

Top 5 Moments of Series Five:

Louise finally dumped Spencer

After some napkin throwing, plenty of crying, and a wallop to the face, Louise finally dumped the cheating Chelsea Lothario. (She continued to sleep with him for a while but some angry words from Millie, and the discovery that Spencer slept with someone in Louise’s bed, proved too much to handle).                                                                                                          

Jamie’s sticky situation

Lucy claimed that she and Jamie kissed in the hot tub in Verbier (one of the many holidays we saw the Chelsea gang take). Jamie denied everything, and we found out he has a new girlfriend, Tara. Moving on to the end of the series, Jamie admitted that if he wasn’t with Tara he would want something to happen between himself and Phoebe (watch this space).

Ollie goes back to being straight

Ollie found himself a girlfriend in series five, the very pretty Ashley. Things seemed to be going well, until Ollie discovered he had no desire to sleep with Ashley, and Ashley discovered Ollie watched gay porn – that was the end of that really.

A love quadrangle was formed

Lucy and Spencer kicked off their relationship with a trip to Paris, where we endured Spencer wooing Lucy with his French language skills. Meanwhile in Chelsea, Andy took Louise bowling. Louise and Andy pretty much sealed their relationship status when Andy declared his love, and we saw them skateboarding through Chelsea hand in hand. Back to Lucy and Spencer, who weren’t doing so well after Spencer admitted to sleeping with other girls (which we aren’t even a tiny bit surprised about). They took a brief break, but after another holiday (this time to Barcelona), Lucy and Spencer rekindled their relationship.

Plus, some brief encounters with Mark Francis and Victoria a.k.a the two-headed beast. No one really knows what he or she is doing in Made in Chelsea but nevertheless they continue to amuse.

[pagebreak]

The New-Comers

Series five brought us four new characters: Fran, Fran, oh no wait that’s her sister Olivia, Phoebe, and Josh. Here’s a quick round up…

Fran tried and failed with Andy, and when Oscar asked her out, she said no because of something that had happened with Ollie… Phoebe spent series five deciding whether she liked Jamie or Proudlock. And Olivia and Josh were just there for the bants.

Predictions for Series Six

Will we actually find out what happened the night Louise stayed at another boys (Niall Horan from One Direction’s) house?

After cheating on Lucy, will Spencer ever change his ways?

Jamie and Tara seem to have broken up (we totally weren’t expecting that…) so prepare for Jamie and Phoebe to get it on/

BREAKING NEWSCaggie is set to be returning (we love you Caggie) and with a newly single Spenny, who knows what will happen here…

Prepare yourself for…

Lots more holidays abroad, more crying from Louise, more lunches with Binky and her mum, and Francis’ upgrade from his skateboard to a unicycle.

And we must not forget that two of our beloved characters have now left the show…

Millie has left Made in Chelsea to spend more time with her new husband Professor Green. She has given us some of the show’s greatest and most unforgettable moments; from when she threw her drink over Hugo, and then revealed Rosie as the one who had slept with him, in front of everyone, to when she slapped Spencer after finding out he had cheated on Louise. Us girls hail you Millie.

And secondly, we say goodbye to Ollie Locke. Ollie has provided us with endless entertainment; three whole relationships (and break-ups), he came out as bi-sexual and made many eccentric style choices along the way. We’ll never forget that Union Jack suit!

But fear not, four new faces will be appearing on our screens this series; Freddie, Belle, Tiff and er, Miffy. With history between them, and links to Lucy, Stevie and Andy, no doubt the foursome will shake things up among the Chelsea gang.

Check out the brand new advert to get you suitably excited for tonight’s episode on e4: 

Photo Credits: upload.wikimedia.org, blogspot.com, blogs.independent.co.ukchannel4.com.                                                                                                                                                                                       

19 years old, and studying economics at the University of Exeter