Look Seductive Whatever your Status: Valentine’s Lingerie for Every Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Whatever your views on Valentine’s Day, it’s the one day of the year dedicated to the celebration of love. With this in mind, it’s the perfect opportunity to splash out on new lingerie to treat your man or even better: yourself! Whether you’re in a long-term relationship, just started dating someone or a single girl, HCX have sorted your lingerie for the perfect Valentine’s Day.

First Date

If you’ve just started seeing someone, stand-out cleavage may be a bit full-on for a Valentine’s date and is likely to cause a distraction over dinner. Instead, follow the rule of less is more and let the conversation be the focus point: stick to a black, lacy set for a simple yet sultry look. This set from Urban Outfitters bra (£20) is both understated and simple but oozes glamour and is sure to catch his eye, should the date continue into a late night soirée. We love the pattern of the lace on this bra which has a subtle Aztec design and the satin band which adds a soft feminine touch. What’s more, the cut out triangle detail adds an appropriately suggestive element, perfect if the date is going well.  

However, if you feel you lack natural voluptuousness or want to appear more available (why not? It is Valentine’s Day!), try a balcony bra such as this mint green one from Topshop (£18) which will give and added boost to a smaller bust. To emphasise curves, team with a pair of high-waisted knickers like these from Urban Outfitters (£10) which will create a sensational, vintage look.

Long Term Lovers

For a couple who have been together for while, Valentine’s Day is a chance to show the man in your life how much you care (especially if you’re guilty of slipping back to granny pants recently). If you’re not into the soppy stuff, pulling out all the stops in the lingerie department is a sure way to both spice up a long term relationship and show your appreciation for him. Get it right and we’re sure he’ll show his appreciation too! The ever-sexy Ann Summers offers a wide range of romantic and racy Valentine’s lingerie. We’ve chosen this red padded plunge bra (£28) which combines lace, satin and the colour of love itself to create a simple but eye-catching piece. Team this with the matching suspender briefs (£16) and a pair of stockings to complete your red-hot Valentine’s look. It will remind him of why he fancied the pants off you in the first place, and bring the excitement back if you’ve let it slip recently. We’re sure the effect will last long after Valentine’s day.

Single Ladies

And finally, if you’re anticipating a day of loneliness and heartbreak, ditch the Bridget Jones pig pyjamas and treat yourself to some new undies! Wearing new gorgeous underwear will put you in a good mood for Valentine’s- no Ben and Jerry’s required- and everyone deserves a little indulgence once in a while! For cute themed underwear, we love this set from Asos (£35) with the heart and bow detail adding a hint of fun.

Fore something more indulgent, try this set from Rosie Huntington-Whiteley’s collection at M&S. Although slightly pricey for a student budget at £35, the nude colour and satin fabric make for a stunning set which will flatter anyone’s figure. And if you’re feeling secretly sexy on the inside, it’s bound to show on the outside. Who knows, you might catch a guy’s eye and land yourself a late date for Valentine’s!

Photocredits:

www.pinterest.com

www.urbanoutfitters.com

www.topshop.co.uk

www.asos.com

www.marksandspencer.co.uk