London Fashion Week: Top Make-Up Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Handkerchiefs at the ready girls… Here at Her Campus Exeter, we’re sadly bidding farewell to the buzz of London Fashion Week. Amongst all of the new collections, we’ve seen some really exciting fresh trends.  But before we say goodbye until next time, Her Campus Exeter takes a peek at some of our favourite makeup looks on the catwalk. 

Subtle Luxury

Some of the more understated make-up looks seen on the catwalk were worn by models for Fendi, Topshop Unique and Tom Ford.  

With flawless dewy skin, Tom Ford models featured dramatic contouring of the cheekbones and jawline, paired with sultry eyes, smudged with dark and smoky eye shadow. The models also had a brushed brow. 

Another favourite was the look worn by the models of the Fendi collection, who wore warm chestnut colours on the eyes in a blended cat-flick, coupled with sculpted cheeks and natural lip.  This is definitely a look to try for hazel or green eyed Exeter girls. 

A feature of the Tom Ford collection was the gorgeous and intricate “Daenerys Stormborn” inspired hair created by Sam McKnight. Hair pulled back from the face and woven into a power ponytail; nothing says bold like the hair of a dragon harbouring Khaleesi.

[pagebreak]

Bold & Beautiful

For something a little more out there, we look to the Rag & Bone models. The artist Gucci Westman had a different rendition of the usual girly eyeliner flick, creating a more cartoonlike look by leaving a small gap from the upper lash line, and none on the bottom. This combined with a completely blushless backdrop, and bleached brows makes for a fun and graphic style.  A new take on the classic cat eye flicked eyeliner that we’re dying to try!

Another look HCX loved was a bold sixties-style from Gucci, who opted for a very full lash look.  

Gucci makeup designer Pat McGrath used full frontal falsies on top and bottom lashes, with a subtle flick of eyeliner on the top. Paired with naturally bold and full eyebrows and a pale lip colour, we love this pretty look! To make it a little more wearable, we think you could give the bottom false lashes a miss, and maybe tone the eyebrows down.

The Marc Jacobs models wore glamorous sparkled pinks and nudes, framed by bleached eyebrows to match wigs dyed different shades from blonde to rose to mahogany.  François Nars’s team combined this understated sparkle with a bold taupe crease, the colour blended into the socket and extended as far as the eyebrow. 

While this might seem a little too alternative for the Arena scene, we love the idea of a warmer crease colour, and using this technique will enhance those eyes and make them appear bigger and more pronounced. 

We’re in awe of the models on the catwalk of London Fashion Week A/W 2014, and while some of the makeup looks dazzled on stage, we’re not sure how they might look on the high street…

Here at Her Campus Exeter, we can’t wait to see how many of these make-up looks we can spot in Exeter in the coming months. Tell us which is your favourite!

Photo Credits: www.pinterest.comwww.vogue.co.uk 

Third year student at Exeter studying English Literature, former writer for Fashion & Beauty and current Deputy Editor of Sex & Relationships.  Welsh born and bred, Lauren's trying to find her away amongst all the southerners, and found her way to Her Campus! When she's not writing, she's usually reading (classic novels and Cosmopolitan alike), and trying to fuel an insatiable coffee addiction!