freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The fact that HCX’s interview was interrupted by two girls checking him out should set the scene for this week’s Campus Cutie. Meet Kyle, the rugby playing hunk who’s so much more than a pretty face and bulging biceps. A true Cadbury Crème Egg of Campus Cuties, every question was answered with a cheeky smile ready to woo the female student body. He certainly made HCX weak at the knees.

Name: Kyle Ross

Year: Second

Hometown: Berkshire

Degree: Classics. HCX’s interview went off on a tangent when Kyle started filling me in on Ovid’s love poetry.

Relationship status: Single

HCX: Is it hard balancing a macho exterior with that other romantic half of yours?

KR: Playing rugby may look macho but I’m a bit of a softie. My favourite animal’s a polar bear and I kind of think that might be the best way to describe me: looking hard and tough, ruling the animal kingdom but at the same time being cuddly and soft. We’re an endangered species.

HCX: So if you were to describe yourself in three words…?
KR: A cheeky chappy.

HCX: What nights and where are we likely to spot you?

KR: Love a good Wednesday Timepiece and I’ll flick between Mosaic and Arena on a Thursday. But you can spot me having a casual pint at the Rusty Bike or Firehouse most nights. If you see me on my own don’t be scared to say hi.

HCX: For any girl lucky enough to make your acquaintance on one of these nights, how do you like your eggs?

KR: Fried and sunny side up. But I’ll never say no to pancakes.

HCX: Best pick up line?

KR: Ah I’m not that good with pre-prepared lines, much prefer just talking to a girl (and cracking out fantastic chat). But…”Are you from the Caribbean because Jamaican me crazy?” It doesn’t always come out sounding right because of the accent. (Kyle has a small South African lilt).

HCX: We agree the accent is what mars the pick up line… We’ll forgive you for it if you tell us your dream date? We’ve heard you’re a bit of a romantic.

KR: Haha I know it’s going to sound cheesier than Arena on a Tuesday but to sail around Venice on a gondola with the girl of my dreams. But my more low key dream date to take a girl on in Exeter would be an early dinner at Bill’s before hopping on a train for a romantic walk along Exmouth beach.

HCX: And what do you look for in the girl of your dreams?

KR: Relaxed and confident girl who likes to get loose on the dfloor. Ideally has a keen interest in postlashes on cheesy chips. Or best kebab, not too fussed. I’m a sucker for a big smile. And the gap.

HCX: Best party trick?

KR: I can juggle pretty well but that’s not my best… My best would maybe be that I can recite the alphabet backwards?

The remainder of the interview with Kyle consisted of him proving that alphabet talent and an extended discussion of Ovid’s love and sex poems. At which point HCX had to start batting the girls at the nearby table away.