How you know your boyfriend has got TOO close to your Mum

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We all want our other halves to be close to our parents. It’s nice for them to be able to have a laugh together, agree on fundamental beliefs and for them to be comfortable with each other even when you’re not around.

But sometimes, lines can be crossed. Your boyfriend may have wormed his way in too far, becoming a little too close to your mum. If they ARE too close, it can make things pretty awkward for you, especially if you ever decide to break up with him.

Watching TOWIE (research, obvs) and seeing Lydia cry over the fact her Mum is too close with her ex-boyfriend, Arg, got us at HerCampus thinking. Surely your Mum should always be there for you after a break up, no matter how ‘part of the family’ said boyfriend had become? In the end, you are the priority.

But how do you know when its gone too far? When does close become too close?

1.     When they

5.     When she brags about his achievements to her friends but forgets to mention the amazing internship you just got.

If your Mum seems to be more proud of him than she is of you, you need to have BIG WORDS. You’re