This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week we’ve been trying out a new way to get big bouncy hair, without using any heat. We test out YouTube beauty guru, Hollie Wakeham’s ‘Sleep In Rollers.’

We just loved the packaging of the rollers here at Her Campus. They come in a cute bag, where inside you’ll find that along with your twenty velcro rollers, you also get twenty pins, to be used for keeping the rollers in place overnight. As well as this, you receive a helpful DVD which gives you a step by step guide on how to use them for best results. All rollers and packaging come in a pretty pink colour, but if you’re feeling more discrete you can purchase them in black, which will make them less visible. 

The real distinguishing factor between these and any other rollers is that they are designed to be comfortable to sleep in at night. Whilst pretty much all rollers demand that you leave them in for as long as possible, often they are too hard to lay down with once they’re in your hair, making it impossible to sleep with them in. Named ‘Sleep In Rollers’ because they are designed to combat just this problem, the rollers are meant to act as a cushion and ‘flatten like a sponge’ when you lay down, letting you sleep in peace and wake up to lovely big bouncy hair.

Sadly, we think that there is still a little way to go before we would call these rollers ‘comfortable’ to sleep with, although they definitely  beat other products on the market. As we had a little trouble keeping the rollers in the whole night, they weren’t as effective as we would have liked. So, rather than being able to ditch the curling irons completely, which we had hoped would be one advantage to using the rollers, (hurray for no heat damage), we found ourselves still using them, although just to finish up our hair style for the day. All in all, the rollers proved to be effective at giving our hair a nice shape and a lot of volume, but didn’t quite get the ‘flicked’ effect we had hoped for.

Her Campus aren’t the only ones talking about these rollers. Promoted by YouTubes’ beauty guru Hollie Wakeham (who you can find talking you through how to use the rollers for whichever effect you’d like) on either her beauty blog on youtube or in the DVD that comes with the rollers, news of  the rollers have been spreading fast. Many celebrities such as Stephanie Pratt have been spotted wearing them, and their twitter account is constantly bombarded with tweets from various magazines all raving about the product. Here at Her Campus, we think the rollers are a great product which we cant wait to practice using some more.

To find out more visit, www.sleepinrollers.com or follow them on twitter @SLEEPINROLLERS

Photo Credits: weheartit.com

Olivia Wilkerson is a third year Business Economics student and is very excited to take up her role as Fashion and Beauty Deputy Editor of Her Campus Exeter this year! Alongside her degree, she loves catching up with the latest trends by reading numerous magazines and blogs and uses this as inspiration for her own fashion and fitness blog which she has recently started. Fitness is important to her, so you may see her down the local gym working a sweat or at the local health food store (there's a great one on Well Street!) buying lots of lovely treats!This summer, Olivia will be going to the South of France to relax and scout out the St Tropez style icons as well as braving the potentially incredibly muddy fields of Glastonbury! As she is studying Spanish as part of her degree, she is also aiming to undertake an intensive course in Barcelona for a week, before returning to Exeter to study hard for third year! She hopes that working for Her Campus Exeter will allow her to meet lots of wonderful like-minded girls and to further develop HCX to make it the best it can be.