HCX’s Workout Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We all know sometimes it’s hard enough to find motivation to exercise, but with the right playlist, exercising can become infinitely more enjoyable and more productive. Here is Her Campus’ eclectic mix of tracks to exercise to… Get downloading, sync your iPod and grab your headphones and get outside, a good run in the fresh air wil blow away all those end-of-summer blues and lift your spirits!

Wildfire – SBTRKT Ft. Little Dragon

If you’re heading up to the gym or going on an early morning run, this track makes the perfect companion for your workout. It has a really great mixture of dubstep, garage and soul, which makes it the perfect song to run to. It’s so good, you almost forget you’re exercising and become absorbed by the different beats and melodies. Another great song: Hold On

[pagebreak]

Misery Business – Paramore

Paramore’s blend of emo-pop and rock makes this a great song to listen to in the gym – especially if you’re trying to blow off some steam with your workout. This song definitely has the feel of an anthem to it, so it’s very easy to imagine yourself doing something a little more exciting than using the cross-trainer. 

Mellow Mood – Bob Marley & The Wailers

This is the perfect song to listen to after you’ve hit the gym. Whether it’s on your walk home or during your warm-down, the sound of Bob Marley helps to soothe your aching muscles!

[pagebreak]

Lose Yourself – Eminem

This has to be the perfect running song. The sound of his voice and the beat of the track really drives you forward and pulses through you when you hear it. The beat makes the perfect pace to run in time too – this is a must for any gym playlist, especially if cardio is involved!

Fitzpleasure – Alt J

Not only this song, but this whole album by Alt-J, is perfect for a workout. Slightly different from the usual tracks you would find on a workout playlists, the songs on the album, with their mismatch of sounds, are so enjoyable to listen to. The tempo of the majority of the songs makes them the perfect beat to exercise to and you may even find yourself humming along to a few of them too. 

Upload these songs on to your iPod in time for your next workout and Her Campus promises you won’t be disappointed!

Photo Credits: www.pinterest.com