etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HCX’s Exeter Summer Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

If you’re looking for inspiration on things to do in and around Exeter, HCX has compiled a list of places to visit before leaving University! The last few require transport and are perfect for an after-exam roadtrip!

Restaurants & Cafés

There are an abundance of restaurants and cafés in Exeter that cannot be missed, so make to make a list of all the places you’d like to visit before leaving! 

Some places that cannot be missed: Bill’s, Harry’s, Ruby’s, Hubbox, Boston Tea Party, The Exploding Bakery.

Cocktail Bars

For a more casual night out, a chat with friends or classy place to have pre-drinks make sure to explore Exeter’s cocktail bars. Check out HCX’s articles on the Top 5 places for cocktails in Exeter!

Cream Tea at Tea on the Green

Where better to send a sunny after noon than surrounded by tea, scones and a good gossip with friends? Tea on the Green-check. 

The Old Firehouse

For the incredible atmosphere, cider and famous pizzas! And Harry Potter’s ‘The Leaky Cauldron’ was based on this place- an Exeter staple. 

The Picture House

A small, cutesy cinema with comfy reclining armchairs screening both new and old films, as well as live theatre and opera performances. Order a glass of wine and take in to enjoy a film in a living room setting. 

[pagebreak]

The Bike Shed

A definite must for any theatregoers! Order a cocktail from the bar before going into the miniature theatre to enjoy a unique performance. A real hidden gem. 

Stoke Woods

If you’re looking for somewhere perfect for a run or walk just follow Pennsylvania Road to Stoke Woods.

A Trip to the Beach

Now the sun is out and the weather is getting warmer, why not get a group of friends together and take a trip to the beach! Exmouth and Dawlish are some of the closest, but why not make it a mission to visit as many of Devon’s beaches as you can in your time left at Exeter!

Explore the Devon Area (e.g. Dartmoor, Dartmouth)

Devon’s idyllic countryside and coastline are perfect for exploring, ideal for a walk or a hike! If you’re feeling more adventurous why not try something new like rock climbing, surfboarding or another water sport?

Dartmoor Zoo

Dartmoor Zoo is a unique family owned zoo and was the subject of the film “We Bought a Zoo” starring Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson!

Pennywell Farm

If you have ever wanted to interact with a micro pig now is your chance! Pennywell Farm is an actual, real life micro pig farm, so if like HCX you are micro pig obsessed this is a must-visit! Although it caters mainly to young children, it is a real life micro pig farm and how many chances do you get in life to interact with those insanely adorable little pigs?

And finally, create your own Exeter Bucket List to make the most out of your time in Exeter! Anything to add? Tweet @HerCampusExeter with your suggestions using the #hcxbucketlist

Picture Credits: theguardian.comashleybrookedesigns.comteaonthegreen.comoldfirehouseexeter.co.ukbikeshedtheatre.co.ukbbc.co.ukdartmoor.co.ukbuzzfeed.com