HCX Travel: Take a Break, Head to Cornwall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Take a few days out and visit the St. Moriz in Cornwall for some great short-stay holiday deals…

Is essay or dissertation stress getting the better of you? Is the prospect of possibly having to cut short your Easter holidays and come back to Exeter to work for exams getting you down?  Well, why not book a short stay to break up the revision or essay period, and spend a romantic weekend away with your loved one, a girlie weekend with some friends, or even treat your Mum to a lovely Mother’s Day weekend away… And the best part is that it is just an hour away to Cornwall!

The St. Moriz Hotel and Spa near the town of Rock in Cornwall is offering a number of ultimate getaway packages over the upcoming months, and here at Her Campus Exeter we have been doing a bit of research to find you the best ones on offer…

The ‘Romantic’ Package:

This offer is the most indulgent of couple’s packages they have, and keep it in mind that there are cheaper ones! It does, however sound ideal, and at around £340 per person, it might just be worth reading on… The package comes complete with:

• A two-night stay for two people
  • Breakfast in bed both mornings if you wish
  • A romantic dinner both nights
  • A full body couple’s massage in the hotel’s exclusive ‘Cowshed spa’
  • Full use of the Hotel’s spa and leisure facilities (including indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and gym)
  • Offer available seven days a week and excluding the school holidays
  • From £695 per couple in a ground floor garden view suite

The ‘Go Flat Out’ Offer:

This slightly cheaper option gives you the opportunity to spend a luxurious one-night stay at the St. Moriz hotel. This is popular amongst many Mothers and daughters, groups of friends, and couples looking for a slightly less extravagant short stay away together. It includes:

• One night stay in a Twin or King room
  • Breakfast
  • A treatment in the ‘Cowshed Spa’
  • Full use of leisure facilities. (including indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and gym)
  • Prices from £135 per person

‘Make Friends with the Atlantic’ Offer: 

This slightly more active offer gives you the chance to combine a luxurious night in the hotel whilst also dedicating some time to learning or even just improving your water sport skills. From only £150 per person, this deal is sure to spark some interest, as it includes:

• One night stay in a Twin or King room
  • Breakfast and dinner included
  • Complimentary cocktail
  • Transport to and from the beach, plus equipment
  • Choose from surfing, kayaking, coasteering or stand up paddle-boarding, and they will take you down to the beach and arrange the instruction
  • From £150 per person

If any of these offers have enticed you into wanting a bit more information about booking a few days away, check out the website or call 01208 862242.

Photo credits: cornwallliving.co.uk, stmoritzhotel.co.uk, cornwallbeaches.co.uk

Connie is a BA Geography student in her third year at Exeter University, and is  also a deputy Travel Editor for Her Campus Exeter. Connie discovered her passion for travel when she was just 13 years old during a 4 month school exchange programme to Christchurch in New Zealand. Since then she has developed a love for discovering more of the world and on her gap year she was lucky to travel to both Africa and South-East Asia, and next on her ambitious list is to visit South America. She will hopefully be able to contribute well to the Her Campus Exeter Travel team! At university Connie enjoys spending quality time with her friends, and is a great fan of trying and testing different cuisines and restaurants, despite being a rather poor cook herself. She enjoys playing sport socially such as netball, tennis and hockey, but has never possessed the competitiveness and aggression needed to be a top player in either of these! Something she is keen to pursue however is learning to speak Spanish, which she is currently studying alongside her Geography degree at university.  After university Connie plans to work within the Marketing and PR sector, having always had an interest in working with large scale brands in both the beauty and travel sector.