This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

For inspiration on how to manage the transition between spring and summer, this week HCX has turned to third year Physics and Maths student Julia James. Though the days are definitely warming up, there are still those tricky days when English weather leaves us wishing we’d opted for something a little warmer.

With this outfit, Julia shows us how to effortlessly balance light and summery with comfortable and warm. White jeans are a classic English summer staple; a perfect option to keep a little extra warmth, whilst still looking stylish. Julia has styled her white jeans with a matching white striped top, the detail of which adds an eye-catching element to this classic ensemble. The light fabric of the jumper also provides a little protection from the ever-present English breeze!

We love the addition of Julia’s brown leather belt, which is both a perfect finishing touch and an element of contrast to the rest of the look. The brown leather detailing on Julia’s shoes matches her belt perfectly, and they pair effortlessly with the classic style of the rest of her outfit. 

Hannah Jones, 3d year Theology Student at Exeter Uni with a pretty bad makeup obsession.