This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

As a chick flick fanatic and a single pringle on Valentine’s Day, it was only right that I watched this movie. I headed to the cinema with one my best friends, dressed up in colour coordinated outfits, to feel less lonely as we watched couples strolling through the streets. Unsurprisingly, the entire cinema was filled with girls, celebrating Galentine’s Day with their best friends.

Whether you are recently broken up, spending all your time with your significant other or simply loving the single life, How To Be Single has something for everyone. You will definitely be able to relate to at least one of Alice (Dakota Johnson), Meg (Leslie Mann), Lucy (Alison Brie), or Robin (Rebel Wilson).

In typical rom-com fashion, our leading lady Alice has decided to take a break from her boyfriend of four years to figure out ‘what she really wants’ from her love life. While Alice is working as a paralegal in New York and living with her sister Meg, an obstetrician determined to live by the mantra that she does not need a man or baby to complete her, Alice’s friend Robin makes it her mission to show her the perks of being single. It’s fair to say that with Robin’s character Rebel Wilson is basically playing Fat Amy all over again, not that I am complaining: Robin is responsible for most of the laughs that you will get from this movie, and is definitely the ideal person to party away your single days with. Finally there is Lucy, who has made it her mission to find love online. Every character is either trying to find love or avoid it. Over the course of the movie Alice encounters a few guys, including her ex… Who she ends up with is for you to find out!

Even though parts of the movie are quite predictable, the ending makes up for all the cringe-worthy parts – I can promise you this will not be the most cliche film you will watch in 2016. Plus, most of it is quite realistic (other than Alice getting an amazing job straight after college). A note of warning: there will be a couple of moments where you will require tissues, especially if you are overly-emotional like me.

If this does not tempt you to book tickets now, I can guarantee you that the soundtrack for this movie will make you want to get off your seats and turn the cinema into a dance-floor, It includes all of your jams from a night out with the girls. What’s more, the outfit inspiration is endless, and now that the spring cleaning season is right around the corner this is the perfect excuse to up-cycle your clothes or go on a shopping spree.

If you spent the other weekend indulging yourself with ice-cream (which is totally acceptable) whilst everyone else went out on dates for V Day, grab a bunch of your friends and head to the cinema. This movie is the perfect balance of rom and com and we guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

Photo Credits:

www.pinterest.com

I am the Editor for Culture here at Her Campus Exeter. I love long walks (to the fridge, of course), and binge watching chick flicks. Mean Girls is my favourite movie and I quote it way more frequently than I should. I am a second year Law student trying to adult but occasionally failing at it.