HCX Luxury Hotel Of The Week: St James’s Club, Antigua

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

St James’s Club Resort, located on the archetypical Caribbean island of Antigua, and tucked away on the southeastern coast, is an exclusive, sun drenched resort with dazzling white sands and set beside a warm jade and aquamarine sea.

This magnificent resort is the perfect winter break with optimum weather coinciding with our dreary January and February blues. The St James’s Club’s exceptional all-inclusive oasis is seductively inviting with caring service and breathtaking panoramic views over the Peninsula of Antigua.

The resort’s reputation fulfils every Caribbean dream; with scrumptious cocktails and sun loungers positioned on the private white sand beaches with an eclectic array of island and water based diversions. Snorkelling off Coco beach is a haven for the beautiful tropical fish and Mamora Bay is the idyllic location for the energetic swimmers. For the more adventurous, St James’s Club provides thrill seekers the chance to sail Catamarans, partake in kayaking or even pedal boating!

For decadent treats, the resorts four restaurants certainly do not disappoint, serving everything from continental cuisine to Caribbean inspired dishes amidst the astounding panoramic views at the Docksider restaurant. Indulging your inner beauty queen is also beyond divine at the Tranquillity body and soul spa, leaving you feeling serene and rejuvenated.  Antigua is a diverse and culturally rich island and guests can leave the idyllic resort to explore the old port towns of St John and English Bay or immerse themselves within the full history of the islands abandoned plantation farms.

Antigua and St James’s Club can beguile and entice with its picturesque beauty and astounding array of unique experiences.  The St James’s Club has been awarded the TripAdvisor 2013 certificate of excellence, and continues to maintain its status as one of the Caribbean’s most sought after destinations. 

Photo credits: www.tropicalsky.co.uk, www.littleluxuryislands.co.ukwww.twocentreholidays.co.uk