HCX Investigates: Exeter Election Candidates

The General Election is only a few months away, and hopefully you’ve all registered to vote by now so you can have your voice heard! If you’ll be voting in Exeter this year it’s important you do your research on the local candidates and what they stand for, so you really know who and what you’re voting for. Her Campus Exeter will be featuring profiles of as many of the candidates as possible in the coming weeks to help you make an informed decision, and we’re kicking off our election coverage with a brief outline of the main runners.

Labour - Ben Bradshaw

Ben Bradshaw has held the seat for Exeter every year since his first victory in 1996. 

“In his time as Exeter’s MP Ben has been instrumental in getting the Meteorological Office to move here from Bracknell, bringing secure well paid jobs to Exeter and many business and educational spin-offs. He also helped ensure one of two new medical schools in England was established in Exeter and he helped secure the investment to build Exeter’s five new high schools in place of the dilapidated schools that preceded them.”

More Information

Pages