This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Here at HCX, we’re no strangers to the magical experience that is online shopping. Why brave the hoards and crowds in John Lewis or House of Fraser when you can snuggle up at home in your dressing gown with a hot chocolate and take care of all your Christmas shopping in one sitting? We’ve compiled a few of the best ideas from familiar online stores to suit any present-giving needs, as well as searching around sites which offer some great, individual gifts which will look perfect under the tree.                                                                                 

Mother

Though it’s the most wonderful time of the year, it’s also always stressful for your parents. The responsibility of crafting the perfect Christmas Day falls heavily on our mothers, so why not treat her with some true relaxation this year? We recommend choosing a pamper box, full of great products that she can use to take some well-deserved time out from the hectic Christmas season. The White Company offers a wide selection of gift ideas for mothers, including this Verveine Luxury Gift set. The set contains a signature candle and some luxury shower items, all fragranced with verbena and citrus fruits.                                                                    

Father

Fathers can often be quite tricky to shop for. Through experience we’ve found that edible treats or alcoholic gifts usually go down well, so why not add a personal touch and go for something a bit unique this year? We love the idea of the Friday Night Curry Subscription, and Not On The Highstreet.com has a three month subscription on offer. All the perfect spices, ingredients and recipes for mains and side dishes too are delivered straight to your door, making this gift both unusual and practical. If your dad isn’t a curry fan, we also love the Beer Hawk set of 15 Award Winning World Lagers, which we’re certain will go down a treat.                                                                                                                                                                                     

Sister

We absolutely love Lost Lanes.com, a brilliant website which is perfect for picking up some individual and unique gifts this Christmas. There’s a huge selection of ethical jewellery, accessories and even loads of vegan beauty and pamper products. As for gift ideas, we’re fans of this Doodle iPad case. The set comes with washable pens and allows your sister to turn her iPad case into a creative and quirky design, or even just to jot down notes and reminders. If that’s not the gift for her, how about this customised camera strap decorated in an elaborate rainbow pattern? This would be perfect for a keen photographer, and stylish design makes it a great choice.                                                                                  

Brother

Finding the perfect gift for your brother is notoriously challenging. Often preferring practical gifts with everyday uses, it can also be hard to find something they don’t already have. I Want One of Those.com, or IWOOT, offers some great, niche ideas of practical gifts, and we particularly like this portable phone charger with built in phone speakers. Not only is this Pebble charger both practical and portable, the quirky element of the speakers makes it a great gift you can be sure he doesn’t already have. If that’s not enough, the same site has a Smartphone Projector which is another perfect present idea, both innovative and entertaining.                                                                       

Boyfriend

The best Christmas gifts are ones that will be memorable, so this year why not treat your boyfriend to an experience that the both of you will love? Go for something original and try a luxury camping break for a night, with locations across the UK including both Devon and Cornwall, and it’s more fun and affordable than a pricey hotel break. The experience of camping in a unique wigwam or timber tent is one neither of you will forget, and the time together is the most personal gift you could give this year. The voucher from IWOOT is valid for 10 months, so you have plenty of time to pick the perfect destination for your time away.                                                                                                                      

Hannah Jones, 3d year Theology Student at Exeter Uni with a pretty bad makeup obsession.