This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Name: Ollie Brooks

Year: 3

Subject: English

Relationship Status: In a relationship

This week, HCX introduces Ollie Brooks: a 3rd year English student with a passion for sailing, sports, and all things musical. Not only can he woo you with the sweet words of Shakespeare, he can also sail you away into the sunset…What more can we ask for ladies?

How would you describe yourself?

I’m a very laid back and easy-going guy.

So, as former sailing social secretary, current stash secretary, and member of the sailing second team, what are you most looking forward to this year in your society?

In a few weeks time it will be our fleet’s sailing event in Cardiff. Last year I won a bronze BUCS medal in this event, so I’m challenging myself to do even better this year. As I’m in the second team, it would also be amazing to beat the firsts at national finals later in the year.

So apart tearing up the dance floor on Wednesday socials, what is your favorite night out in Exeter?

Any DJ showcase at Phoenix is great, but my favorite night of all time has to be two years ago seeing Artwork at Cellar Door.

You obviously like house music then! What else can we find you listening to?

I judge everything on it’s own merits, and really like to mix it up. I confuse my housemates by listening to jazz, upbeat house music, Snoop Dogg, gangster rap, and Arctic Monkeys all in the same day! A lesser-known fact about me is that I enjoy cooking to Bach’s Goldberg Variations.

So Ollie, being in a relationship must mean you know lots of good places to go on dates. What has been your best date so far in Exeter?

I prefer to find more exciting dates than just going to dinner. Having been in a relationship for a year and a half, I’m keen to try new things together. My favorite so far has got to be Go Ape in Haldon Forest. Why stay on the ground when you can take romance to higher levels?

Who is your celebrity crush?

Sophia Vergara from Modern Family.

What do you see yourself doing after uni?

I’m from the North so I have secured a grad placement in Edinburgh working as a consultant. I did an internship in this field and really enjoyed it, afterwards the same company offered me a job. After earning my millions I would ideally open a restaurant.

Yum, we’ll come for a visit! What foods do you like cooking?

I’m very inspired by Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall, and enjoy using fresh produce when I can. I like the idea of growing what you cook and dictating meals by what is in season.

So girls, he’s already on his way to business success, he’s an athlete, and a whizz in the kitchen… it’s just a shame he’s already taken!

Health and Fitness Deputy EditorI'm a third year English student with a passion for living a healthy lifestyle. I love healthy baking, trying new recipes and enjoy practising yoga in my free time.