nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HCX Campus Cutie: Evan Leung

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week HCX picked Evan Leung, BUCS Basketball team Captain as our Campus Cutie. We managed to get him to answer our questions despite him juggling time between training and reading case laws.

Name: Evan Leung

Course: Law

Year: 2

How would you describe yourself?

I’d say that I’m a pretty simple guy, what you see is what you get.

What’s it like being captain of the BUCS basketball team?

It is an honour and I am extremely proud of our team this year. I’m not treated any differently nor do I treat anyone else differently and I prefer that, I see my role as a teammate who tries his best to maintain a healthy and positive team atmosphere.

I bet doing basketball and uni must be stressful, how do you balance it out?

Basketball has taught me a lot of things about discipline and dedication – which are things that I like to incorporate into my course. I believe that a healthy work balance is essential for maintaining both a consistency in my academic achievements as well as a rejuvenated mental capacity.

Favourite movie?

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, specifically – “The Return of the King”

What fictional character do you relate to most?

I’d go with Pikachu – because I’m short (well, shortest guy on the basketball team).

What are your plans for the future?

I plan to declare for the 2018 NBA draft. No just kidding, I aspire to be a qualified lawyer in a few years.

You seem to have a busy life but when you do have time to let loose and party, what is your favourite club to hit?

Friday Arena (or Unit 1) is easily the best night out.

Music is always the best way to wind down, what’s currently the most played song on your playlist?

I’ve been jamming out to Roses by The Chainsmokers.

Thanks for chatting with us Evan, we hope your team has a great season!

I am the Editor for Culture here at Her Campus Exeter. I love long walks (to the fridge, of course), and binge watching chick flicks. Mean Girls is my favourite movie and I quote it way more frequently than I should. I am a second year Law student trying to adult but occasionally failing at it.