HCX Campus Celebrity: Ross Moore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week Her Campus Exeter had the pleasure of catching up with the President of University of Exeter’s Medical Society. Ross More gives us an insight into the life of a medical student at Exeter.

Course: Medicine

Year: 2

As President of the Medical Society, do you have any exciting plans for ‘MedSoc’ this year?

This year we have been super busy doing everything from beating the Royal Marines at rugby to making our annual charity naked calendar. We also run a ski trip alongside Plymouth med school each year which is always full of skiing and sight-seeing. Something that we’ve done for the first time this year is set up a ‘MedSoc amateur dramatics’, which recently performed a very modern take on the nativity and also has a production coming up just before Easter.

As a medical student you must be pretty overwhelmed with university work. How do you manage to balance your work and social life?

Being a medical student is a lot of work, but you do become quite time efficient and I reckon we manage to enjoy ourselves as much as most. We are always busy playing sport, going out or just seeing friends. Medics are a surprisingly fun bunch of people.

Where are you most likely to be found around Exeter?

In the day time, if I’m not on campus or at the hospital library I am sat on the sofa, honing my skills as an athlete; a rugby 08 maverick if you will. Other than that I love to play actual sport, be it anything from medic rugby to house crazy golf. At night I have been known to make the occasional trip to a ‘medic Mosaic’ and am really enjoying a night called ‘Don’t Walk Boogie’ that’s starting to get really big at cavern.

Tell us something interesting about yourself?

I have a cow “moo” to rival those you can hear in a slaughter house. I use it to try and put people in a good mood!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?

Asides from in the mirror, pulling the naughtiest blue steel pose since 15 year old Daniel Robertson’s internet history, I would love to be working in some sort of emergency medicine. It seems like an extremely fast paced, rewarding environment where I could really make a difference and meet some amazing (and amazingly drunk) people.

Thanks Ross!

Deputy Editor for Culture at Her Campus Exeter. I am a final year student studying Classics and German at the University of Exeter.