The Grammys: Best and Worst Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

These musicians may always sound the part but do they always look the part? With a varied array of looks, the Grammys saw excellently styled outfits as well as some less thought out looks. There were plenty of sequins and sparkles that further added to this alternative and highly anticipated awards ceremony.

Best Dressed

Metallic 

In many peoples’ opinion Taylor Swift stole the show wearing a dress from Gucci. This floor length dress was certainly a showstopper, covered in metallic silver sequins and chainmail.  This ‘molten metal’ look was modeled by many others including the model Chrissy Teigen who wore a silver sequined gown with a low neckline and high split at the front. Paired with her soft ombre hairstyle, this was also one of the best looks of the night. Ciara also did not disappoint wearing a gold dress by Emilio Pucci which showed off her baby bump beautifully. Rita Ora also modeled a green/gold metallic fitted dress which shined and perfectly suited the occasion. 

Queen Bey

Beyoncé is renowned for stealing the headlines when it comes to both music and fashion choices. Her wet-look hairstyle for her performance with her husband Jay Z grabbed many peoples attention.  However it was the dress she changed into which really dazzled. This barely-there white lace gown was striking and individual. Paired with a deep red lip, this was a stunning look.

[pagebreak]

Worst Dressed

Musical Notes

Katy Perry may have taken the theme of the Grammys a little too literally when she chose to wear a musical note adorned valentine couture gown. Her hair was also scrapped back into a plaited top-not up do, which appeared too severe for the chiffon dress.

Tuxedo

Tuxedos worn by women on the red carpet or to award ceremonies are normally a refreshing break from the multiple over the top gowns usually worn. However, Madonna didn’t really look the part in her Ralph Lauren ensemble. It was not so much the tuxedo itself, but more the way Madonna chose to style it. The cane and hat were theatrical and the matching tuxedo Madonna dressed her son in, further added to this disastrously styled look. 

Animal print

A touch of animal print is normally a great addition to any outfit, however, Paula Patton proved otherwise in a floor length zebra themed gown. The print was overwhelming and unflattering with many reporters stating the dress would have been more appropriate for a Las Vegas stage show rather than the red carpet.

Photo Credits: