Golden Globes 2014: Best and Worst Dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Award season is in full swing and we are so excited to see the frocks that our favourite A-listers will be sporting this year. The Golden Globes saw some stunning gowns, yet some looks left us surprisingly disappointed (maybe it was something to do with the burst sewage pipe…). So without further ado, here are our best and worst dressed of the Golden Globes 2013.

Not only did Cate Blanchett win Best Performance by an Actress in a  Drama Motion Picture for her role in Blue Jasmine, she also impressed by kicking off the night in this stunning black lace detail gown by Armani Privé. 

While Drew Barrymore failed to impress in this Monique Lhuillier dress, Olivia Wilde ticked all the right boxes in this olive green Gucci number that showed off her growing baby bump beautifully. 

[pagebreak]

Jessica Chastain oozed elegance in this sexy black strapless gown by Givenchy.  Paired with a beautiful diamond necklace, Jessica proved she’s definitely still got it! 

Emma Watson and Kate Beckinsale did Britain proud in two very unique outfits. While Kate wore a sultry figure hugging Zuhair Murad, gown with sequin detail, Emma stunned in this daring Dior two-piece. 

Jennifer Lawrence may have impressed the crowd with her performance in American Hustle, but this rather bizarre Dior gown was a look we’re not used to seeing her sport on the red carpet and did not have the same effect. 

And our award for the worst dressed at the Golden Globes 2014? It goes to the Girls star Lena Dunham in this rather unflattering bright yellow Zac Posen gown.