Election Hero Images?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Election Hero Images?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
HCM Design
Career > Her20s

Get to know Izzie Dyer for VP Opportunities!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Izzie is in her third year at Exeter studying PPE, and is one of the candidates for VP Opportunities. I met up with Izzie at the Ram on Campus to get to know a little bit about her through some fun facts and questions. So grab a cup of tea (Izzie’s recommendation) and get to know your VP Opportunities candidate (P.S: voting opens this week with the results announced on Friday 18th March).

Lets Dive in with a bit of ‘this or that!’

Dogs or cats… ‘but I like both’

Would you prefer to attend or host parties – Izzie admits that she is the main character, so it’s got to be hosting for her!

Tea or coffee

Unit or T.P. – A girl after my own heart, Izzie is a Cheesy’s fan!

Morning or evening – Izzie said that ‘this is a tough one’, but had to pick morning as she gets to ‘look to the day ahead and the promise [it holds.]’

Book or television

Chocolate or sweets… unless there are Percy Pigs apparently!

Pret or costa 

Bath or shower… but only if she can do one for the rest of her life. I have to agree, baths are a good way to relax but I wouldn’t want one everyday either.

Instagram or TikTok (P.S: you should follow Izzie’s accounts – both are linked here!)

Pineapple on pizza: yes or no – ‘I have been known to order a pizza with just pineapple on it!’

Exmouth or Dawlish

Guacamole or salsa – ‘GUACKATTACK’ – my personal new favourite word!

Heels or trainers

Now for the really hard hitting stuff…

What is your favourite Disney song? – ‘At the moment it’s ‘We Don’t Talk About Bruno’ [from Encanto.]’ Apparently she cannot get it out of her head… a feeling I’m sure we can all relate to at one point or another with this song! Generally though, Izzie tells me that her favourite is probably ‘Belle’ From Beauty and the Beast. A fun fact, also her favourite Disney film!

What is your guilty pleasure TV show? – ‘I have to say Love Island. I know that it’s fake and toxic but I am who I am! I was going to say The Circle but I don’t feel guilty about saying that!’  

How do you like to unwind? – Izzie likes to play Animal Crossing, but also loves a good candle and old movies. She also tells me that she unwinds by ‘playing board games with my house or going to Board [the cafe] with friends is one of my favourite things to do.’

Where is your favourite hidden spot in Exeter? – ‘The Tiny Tasting Room, opposite the Ship.’ This tiny hidden cafe also sells small business prints and earrings; ‘it’s great for a mooch!’

What is your favourite place in Exeter? – ‘I do really love the quay with all the nice cafes, and Veg Box and small businesses in the wall. And Tenpin. It’s the quay for sure.’

Where is your favourite place on Campus? – ‘The Ram.’ To be fair, no explanation was needed here, she’s right!

If you could be trapped in a lift with 2 celebrities, alive or dead, who would they be and why? – After a ponder Izzie declares ‘Lizzo and Danny DeVito… pure vibes.’

What is your go to meal deal? – ‘Tomato pasta with cheese (preferably), the most expensive innocent smoothie I can find in the meal deal, and some form of cake, preferably a carrot [cake]. I always have crisps at home so why not have cake?!’

What are you most excited about in being part of the Guild next year if you’re elected? – ‘The opportunity to really take an integral part in providing help for students… I’ve had such a great time at Exeter and I want to take on a role to help people have a similar experience.’

Good luck Izzie! Voting opens on Tuesday next week and closes on Thursday. Make sure you get your votes in for all the roles!

Sophie is in her final year at the University of Exeter. She is the President, Editor in Chief, Social Secretary and Campus Correspondent for the Exeter Chapter of Her Campus (2021 - 2023). Sophie would love to work in the media, specifically marketing, when she graduates because of her love for reading and editing... in fact as you read this she is probably wishing that she was lying by a pool with a good book and an iced coffee!