Four Reasons to Visit Bath

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Four Reasons Why Bath is the Next City You Need to Visit

Situated only a short train ride away from Exeter, there is no excuse not to visit Bath during your time here!

In this city, there is truly something for everyone. Here are four reasons why you need to visit, ASAP.

The Spas

Not only is Bath home to the ancient Roman spas, it is also home to some more modern ones that may tickle your fancy a bit more. Treat yourself to an indulgent weekend spent in a spa and unwind while you enjoy the therapy pools and/or a massage! The Bath Thermae Spa is a cool one to check out, with a heated pool on the rooftop.

The Restaurants and Bars

You’ll be spoilt for choice with the amount of restaurants on offer! From recognisable chains to cute and cosy independent restaurants, there are so many places to eat, and they are all pretty central in the town. Even better, there’s also an abundance of bars for a post-dinner drink to keep the taste buds tingling. 

The Shops

Here in Exeter, we have a pretty good choice of shops. However, Bath has all the shops Exeter has to offer… and more! Every shop you could ever want or need is in this city. Pack your bags and get ready for a weekend shopping spree, as Bath is definitely the place to go. A great suggestion is Mr B’s Emporium of Reading Delights, it’s quintissential and packed with books of all variety (not to mention several comfy armchairs to help you give any books you see a test trial)

The Atmosphere

As soon as you step out of the train station, that city buzz hits you. The city is a mish-mash of inhabitants: students, tourists, aspiring artists and buskers, which all combine together to give the city a pretty cool vibe. Bath feels safe, exciting and fascinating. 

If you’ve already been completely tempted by this article, and even fancy spending a night or two in Bath, check out this YHA hostel located in the city! Beautiful, and relatively cheap as far as accommodation goes in a city. 

So what are you waiting for? Head on up to Bath for your next fun-filled girls’ weekend away!

I am a second year student studying Politics with Sociology at the University of Exeter. I have a passion for exercise, fitness, and writing.