Deciphering His Texts – What Does He REALLY Mean?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

So you recently started seeing this guy and its looking promising. From all three drunken encounters you have shared together, you can gather that he’s quite nice. Unfortunately your relationship hasn’t reached the stage where you can let your true (mental) colours shine and you have to pretend to be vaguely normal.

This is where the texting comes in. Texting is a NIGHTMARE. In the early stages it is crucial. You have to come across as fun but not desperate. Cool but not glacial. Do you wait twenty minutes in between each text? Or text back instantly? Two kisses? One? NONE?! Absolute minefield. And we haven’t even covered the life – ruining possibilities of autocorret. So here to ease the stress a tiny bit is a guide to explaining those impossibly cryptic texts of his.

“Did you have a good night?” – Can’t be bov thinking of a proper question but I wanna keep talking to you.

“What are you up to now?” (at 2pm) – Meet me somewhere. I quite like you.

“What are you up to now?” (at 2am) – I want a shag.

“I’ve got a lot of essays on.” – I’m bored of you now.

“Friday TP?” – I’m going to get you really, really drunk.

“Haven’t spoken to you in a while, you alright?” – I’m desperate, and you’ll do.

“Fancy going for a drink later?” – You’re fit. I’m keen.

“Yeah, undecided if we’re going out.” – I will definitely be going out. But not with you.

“I can drive you back to Exeter if you want?” – I’m willing to spend 2 and a half hours with you in a car. I love you.

“Oi” – I fancy you but we’re mates so I’m going for a friendly tone.

“Hey” – God, I’m laidback.

“;” – Girls LOVE winky faces. I’m such a flirt.

“xxx” – I’m drunk. Or, lets get married.

Photo Credit – weheartit.com