Christmas Day Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Everyone’s Christmas Day follows different traditions and therefore there is no set outfit or style to wear for this festive day. Some people celebrate Christmas Day relaxing in their pyjamas, where as others see the 25th as an occasion to dress up and add a hint of glamour. If you are not sure which way to go, our style guide is here to assist with a variety of ideas for Christmas Day style. 

The Relaxing day

If your household views Christmas Day as a more casual event, pyjamas or a onesie may be the perfect solution to lounge around in while opening presents and indulging in an excess of food, drinks and celebrations. A practical outfit of jeans, a jumper and a coat is also the perfect attire for Christmas traditions such as a family dog walk. Add a bobble hat and gloves to stay warm and really embrace the festive fun. Faux fur coats or collars are also perfect for the colder conditions on Christmas Day and around the festive season. 

Family event 

Though not everyone’s Christmas Day celebrations are formal, many still have to choose an outfit which the older generations will approve of. A play suit or casual dress can be perfect for this sort of occasion. Plaid patterns or pieces made out of velvet provide a smart and practical option in these situations. Choosing a dress or top with a peplum is also something to consider as the silhouette it provides is both flattering and more comfortable than a fitted outfit.

[pagebreak]

The Christmas Jumper

If you like to fully embrace the festive spirit, what better time is there to wear a Christmas jumper than Christmas Day? Not only are they incredibly fun and show a sense of humour but they are comfortable and loose enough to allow you to make the most of the over indulgences Christmas brings. Teamed with your cracker paper hat, your outfit will fully illustrate what Christmas is all about! 

The glamorous evening meal

If your Christmas Day is a more formal event, a dress and heels may be more suitable for an evening dinner. On Christmas Day it is almost impossible to overdress; the more glamorous the better! Jewel tones and sequins are perfect for smarter celebrations at this time of year. Think reds and emerald colours in silk or velvet materials for a luxurious and glamorous look.

Photo Credits: pinterest.com, weheartit.com