This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Name: Alexander

Last week HCX were on the look out for ‘male style on campus’ that deviated from the slouching trackies and baggy hoodies of Exeter University ‘stash’.

Photographed on the steps of the forum, Alexander demonstrates how to dress smartly and comfortably for a busy day on campus. Teaming a tweed blazer and casual jeans with a leather over-the-shoulder satchel, he mixes his flair for fashion with practicality. Adding a red woolen scarf as a splash of colour and a pair of sturdy brogues, Alexander is ready to face the wind and rain that has endlessly hit Exeter over the past few weeks.

Naming All Saints and Jack Wills as his go to shops, Alexander takes inspiration from no one but himself, advising HCX readers to follow their own style in order to break away from the crowd.

Name: David Van Reyk and the ‘QCumber’ Girls

You may have noticed over the past few weeks a significant increase in the number of students strolling around campus with food down their fronts… and by this we literally mean sweaters emblazoned with fruit and vegetables.

David Van Reyk (pictured above right), co-founder of QCumber clothing, was spotted on campus last week with a team of girls wearing his own brightly coloured creations. Identifying ‘spontaneity’ as his style inspiration, David came up with the idea for QCumber after taking part in a strawberry food fight that artfully stained his white jumper. The result was a line of cozy sweaters sporting fruit prints in varying colour combinations, ideal for brightening dark winter days.

These eye-catching sweaters are perfect for both boys and girls with a taste for fashion. The QCumber team named Urban Outiftters as their favourite shop, also recommending vintage and charity shops for a sense of individuality.

Georgie Hazell is a final year Anthropology and International Politics student at the University of Exeter, UK. Georgie became involved with Her Campus during her semester studying abroad at the College of William & Mary, along with Rocket (the campus fashion magazine), Trendspotters (the campus fashion TV show) and Tri Delta sorority. She hopes to pursue a career in media or marketing in the future. Georgie has a passion for travel and experiencing new cultures, and spent five months travelling the world on her Gap Year.