Campus Cutie: Alex Manning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, one Alex Manning…

Year: 2nd

Degree: History and Politics

Hometown: Shepherds Bush, London

Relationship status: Currently Interviewing

Activities involved in on campus: Head of Production at Xpression FM; all round intramural badger.

Favourite Night out in Exeter and why: Its got to be Monday Arena I think… Decent music and Jungmeister is ten times the drink of its more famous brother. I think I recognise you from there actually Georgia.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years: Absolutely no idea. Obviously my Arts degree is very employable at the moment. I’d like to go into the media or potentially the civil service. However, more realistically I’ll probably be at home, sitting in my boxers watching Fresh Prince of Belair on Comedy Central at 1 o’clock in the afternoon. My gap year proved that I definitely have slob like tendencies.

Celebrity crush: Emma Watson – beauty and brains.

Confession: Aged 7 I genuinely took my boots to a professional football match because my dad told me they might be short of a couple.

Top 3 things you want to achieve before you’re 30:

1. Learn how to grow a glorious beard

2. Work at the Sunday sport – a bastion of good journalism

3. Eat my own weight in candyfloss

Dream job: Test Match Special Producer

Who inspires you most: Got to be my old man I’m afraid. Really hope he never reads this. Its either him or current Wycombe Wanderers manager, and ex-QPR winger Gareth Ainsworth.

Where are we most likely to find you on campus: Probably the Xpression Studio, I also enjoy the Lasok bubble.

Georgia is in her third year at Exeter studying English and French Law. Last year she headed the Culture team as Local Culture editor, informing all of our lovely readers about the best events and places to explore in this beautiful city. She may have taken off her cultural clogs, but she is still heavily involved in Her Campus Exeter, leading the team as joint President with Florence Christie this year.When she isn’t slaving away at French law, or updating her Tumblr of pretty pictures stolen from other more committed bloggers, she can be spotted in the Forum sipping a hazlenut laté, whilst feeling guilty for said indulgence and Instagramming pictures of Costa cups. When day turns to night, Monday Arena is generally a favourite haunt or when she is feeling particularly edgy you may find her by the quayside at Cellar Door embracing her inner Cara Delvigne- thougbts of Costa on her mind! Although she never says no to a night in with her girls, watching chick flicks- preferably involving Ed Westwick.At the end of this year,  Georgia will continue to pursue her career as a lawyer, saying goodbye to rainy Britain and Bonjour to très chic France, where she will be completing the final year of her degree. Continuing to follow her mantra of work hard play hard, I wouldn’t be surprised if in in no time this girl could give Legally Blonde Elle Brooks a run for her money.