This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week’s HCX Campus Celebrity is Third Year student and captain of the BUCS Women’s Football 1st Team, Imogen Wade-Palmer! We caught up with her to find out about her position on the team, and her plans now that she’s finished her exams.

Hey Imogen! Have you always been into football?

Yes! I started playing when I was 6. I played for my village team for three years with the boys and then joined Portsmouth FC Ladies. I played there for 8 seasons before coming to uni! I’ve always supported Pompey and Liverpool.

That’s amazing! What’s the best thing about being captain?

The best thing about being captain is seeing how the team and individuals progress throughout the season. It’s great to try people in different positions on the pitch and see how it can help to develop them so much.

What do you think about sport on campus in general? Do you think it could be improved?

Generally sport on campus is great. The things I think could be improved were in my candidate manifesto for my recent AU president campaign. The main points are based on mental health and female participation. I think that we need to work with the wellbeing centre to provide classes and activities to help improve mental health through sport. I also think that female only gym times and classes will help improve the number of women involved in sport because lots of girls can feel intimidated in the gym environment. We need to make sure we are maximising the use of our great facilities.

We heard you’ve finished your exams, how are you planning to celebrate?

Firstly I am going to relax and enjoy the freedom! I then have football End of Season Dinner and AU Dinner coming up, so that will be fun. I am planning lots of day trips around Devon to enjoy the time before graduation, and it’s my 21st birthday in a couple of weeks so there will be lots of celebrations!

Sounds like the perfect way to celebrate. What are your plans for next year?

I’m moving home for a gap year. I’ve been back training with Portsmouth again so I am looking forward to a year of sport and travelling!

Thanks for chatting with us, Imogen!

I'm Sarah, and I'm the current Fashion and Beauty Editor at Her Campus Exeter. I have dreamed of working for a fashion magazine since I was a little girl, and am now in my third year at Exeter studying English. I'm a self-confessed shopaholic and a lover of brunch, chocolate cake and the seaside.