Bombay Bicycle Club at the Great Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Bombay Bicycle Club absolutely blew everyone away on Monday night when they came to play in Exeter University’s very own Great Hall.

It’s certainly exciting to have such a big name come to Exeter and Bombay Bicycle Club did not disappoint. Frontman Jack Steadman wooed his audience with a heady mixture of old and new songs alike, and the atmosphere in such an intimate space was electrifying.

I began listening to Bombay Bicycle Club quite late with the release of their third album A Different Kind of Fix. It was great to see such a self-assured performance on Monday, as they moved through their four albums worth of music. But my favourite song will probably be Always Like This, but their new album So Long, See You Tomorrow is also full of wonderful material.

It seems BBC have moved towards a more electric and sample-heavy vibe. They have often been accused of lacking an identity as a band, but on Monday night their new found psychedelia worked a treat (the album was in part inspired by Jack Steadman’s travels to Turkey and India during time off).The new album artwork was also incorporated into the show – which added to great feeling in the room.

Bombay Bicycle Club put on a fantastic performance which made me love them all the more, and I would really recommend BBC to anyone who gets the chance to see them this year. Catch them this summer at Reading, T in the Park and Latitude festivals (to name a few).

Supporting BBC was Rae Morris and she put on a fabulous show of piano ballads. Her new release Skin was the highlight of her set. Rae is definitely one to check out if you’re an Ellie Goulding fan! 

Photo Credits: nme.com, bombaybicycleclubmusic.com, festivalsforall.com