This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The turn of the New Year always brings guilt about overindulgence and attendance (or lack of it) at the gym. However, girls never stop to question why exactly they face relentless pressure to be skinny. Everywhere you look there is just one body type on show: stick-thin. For most of us this is neither attainable nor desirable. Imagine how much happier we would be if we learned to love our own bodies rather than trying to emulate someone else’s. We should be demanding a range of body shapes to be visible in the media to reinforce what we already know – that everyone and every size is beautiful in its own special way. To do our small part at Her Campus we have compiled a selection of fantastic, fuller-figured women for you to enjoy. This is not to say that skinnny bodies are unattractive because every body type is gorgeous in its own unique way. However, skinny figures are featured so heavily in the media that we wanted to dedicate this article to a different body type because we see way too little of curvy girls in our day-to-day media. If you are ever hating on your curves come back here and remember that you really are fabulous and these women show just how desirable your body shape is! 

Love her or hate her, you have got to admire Kim Kardashians curves. She knows how to style her figure to catch everyone’s eye for all the right reasons.

In this Cosmo shoot Robyn Lawley shows how fantastic a bikini looks on a girl full of confidence and curves. 

Kate Upton proves how much of an asset bigger boobs can be whether covered up or out on show. We love her refreshing confidence and refusal to fit in with unhealthy body trends.

We love this shoot for showing that hot pants look sexy in any size.

Naomi Shimada sizzles in every shoot thanks to her knock out body. She knows how to work her assets to seduce or surprise. 

So if these girls can love their bodies and show them off, why can’t you?!

Picture Credits:

mailonline.co.uk

mirror.co.uk

huffingtonpost.co.uk

tumblr.com

curveappeal.tumblr.com