This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We had a chat with Ben Jackson; English & Philosophy student, and lead singer/songwriter of Shropshire-based band Fight the Dice.

Name: Ben Jackson

Age: 22

Year: 1st year (again)

Degree: English Literature & Philosophy (and previously Law)

Hometown: Telford

Star Sign: Virgo

Relationship Status: Single

How would you describe yourself in three words? Short and sweet

What’s your best chat up line? I might not go down in history, but I will go down on you…

What’s the most embarrassing song on your iPod? Taylor Swift – Love Story

Turn ons? A girl who’s independent, a little bit edgy, and the right perfume can hook me straight away.

Turn offs? Too much make-up is a definitely turn off; I don’t want to be peeling a mask off my pillow in the morning.

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve ever done for a girl? I took her on a romantic getaway to Gran Canaria, all expenses paid. And I once wrote a song for a girl, but we don’t talk about that…

Favourite Exeter night out? Can’t beat Arena’s Cheesy Tuesdays, but I love a drink at The Old Firehouse too.

Perfect first date? I’ve attempted a lot of “try-hard” dates in the past, so I’d much rather chill out with a movie.

Any party tricks? I can wiggle my ears… amongst other things. Does that count?

If you were a superhero which one would it be? Definitely Spiderman, even if it’s only to snog Emma Stone.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years’ time? As a philosophy student, probably asking people, “But would you like fries with that?”

Third year student at Exeter studying English Literature, former writer for Fashion & Beauty and current Deputy Editor of Sex & Relationships.  Welsh born and bred, Lauren's trying to find her away amongst all the southerners, and found her way to Her Campus! When she's not writing, she's usually reading (classic novels and Cosmopolitan alike), and trying to fuel an insatiable coffee addiction!