This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Origins Clean Energy Cleansing Oil

Late nights and alcohol will take their toll on your skin, so give it the pampering that it needs with this cleansing oil by Origin. Not removing your make-up properly will have a disastrous effect on your complexion, therefore it is worth finding a cleanser you really like. Origins’ products are made from 100% natural essential oils and certified organic ingredients making them extremely gentle, and perfect for sensitive skin. This Clean Energy oil is composed of Sunflower, Olive, Sesame and Safflower oil, all of which are known for being non-comedogenic: in other words they won’t clog your pores. Also, the Kukui and Macadamia nut oils help lock in precious moisture to the skin, which will ease irritation and protect you from pollutants. At £19 it is a stretch for the student budget, however is well worth the splurge.

[pagebreak]

Vichy Dermablend Ultra-Corrective Foundation Cream Stick

Even though we’re through the worst of our teenage years, a lot of us still bear the signs of changing hormones: acne. Most concealers make spots ten times worse, but French skincare brand Vichy’s Dermablend range will protect your skin as well as provide coverage. If you can look past the long-winded name, this product is essentially a concealer and it is hailed as one of the best and most pigmented acne concealers on the market. Because of its light formula, it will hide all your blemishes but still let your skin breath. It adapts to suit all skin flaws, even the most severe ones, with a maximum concentration of 40% in pigments. It can be used as foundation for your whole face or as a localised corrector and is a must-have for hiding unsightly blemishes and dark circles after one too many nights out. It retails at £19 pounds and can be bought on the Boots website. If you are put off by the price, remember that it is worth spending extra on products that help nourish your skin.

[pagebreak]

Bare Minerals Shimmer Eye Shadow in True Gold

Every girl needs a staple gold eye shadow (especially to match the golden tan you’ll soon be sporting) and this product is a really vibrant colour that will lift your complexion. Bare Minerals shimmer eye colour in ‘True Gold’ is ideal for day or night and can be used as both an eye shadow and eyeliner. It gives a smooth, sheer coverage and you can build it up depending on how daring you are with the colour. So whether you want a sheer sweep to brighten your eyes in the morning, or a thicker, more dramatic look for an evening look, it’s a very versatile product. Also, as it’s a loose powder shadow it can be easily blended with other colours, and looks gorgeous added to the edges of a smoky eye. You can also use it in the inside corner of your lid to widen your eyes. For a more intense look, wear it with a sweep of black eyeliner and lashings of mascara to make your eyes pop on a night out. At £14 it’s not the cheapest eye shadow around, but this product lasts for at least a year as you only need to use a small amount at a time.

[pagebreak]

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

Eyeliner that goes on evenly, smoothly and precisely is hard to find, and a neat application is difficult to achieve when you’re not a professional make-up artist. We have found that Bobbi Brown’s Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner solves our eye liner dilemmas. This product is among the best-sellers at Bobbi Brown and has won countless awards. Most of us tend to use liquid or pencil eyeliners which are great, but a liquid product is often tricky to apply and pencil tends to wear off quite quickly. This water-resistant gel liner combines an easy application with strong colour and is long lasting. By using an eyeliner brush it will glide on without risk of smudging, and you can perfect it before drying. You can easily layer the colour and build the thickness depending on the look you’re trying to achieve. There are plenty of colours to choose from, and for daytime we recommend the subtle brown Sepia Ink, and Black Ink for your day to day look. You can pick this eyeliner up at John Lewis for £17 which is above the traditional eyeliner budget, but totally worth it. Trust us.

Photo credits

Origins.com

Beproudofyourskin.tumblr.com

Blog.makeupfordolls.com

https://shop.klm.com/nl_en/bobbi-brown-long-wear-gel-eyeliner.html

http://www.lookfantastic.com/bareminerals-glimmer-bareskin-0.57g/10552092.html

www.pinterest.com