9 Rom-Coms You Wish Your Life Was Like

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We’ve all been there, for two hours of movie bliss we are transported into a far more satisfying world where romance is alive and kicking. Here are nine romantic comedies that you wish your life was like.

1. The Notebook

This heart wrenching love story based on the Nicolas Sparks novel may be emotionally exhausting, but you’d be lying if you said you didn’t wish you were Rachel McAdams in some of those scenes. Nothing more needs saying than Ryan Gosling. Lying in the middle of the road with Ryan Gosling. In an old empty house with…Ryan Gosling.

2. Love Actually

Following the lives of eight very different couples, all intertwined, and all ending happily. A blissful world you wished you lived in, where Love Actually is all around.

3. Crazy Stupid Love

Unsurprisingly we are back to Ryan Gosling, and this time he’s a massive womanizer. Of course, who else can turn him around but the gorgeous Emma Stone? Don’t lie, girls, there’s some envy there.

4. Sleepless in Seattle

Love at first listen: two people destined for each other spend the entire film apart, until a long awaited meeting at the end. Ever wanted to meet the love of your life at the top of the Empire State building? Yes, me too.

5. About Time

Oh look, it’s Rachel McAdams again. This time she marries a charming ginger who you can’t help but fall in love with just a little bit. Refreshingly in this rom-com, there’s no break up! The pair stays strong throughout and instead the focus is on a beautiful father-son relationship.

6. Serendipity 

Believe in soul mates? This film explores how destiny can play its part and bring two unlikely people together in an incredibly romantic way. It also proves that an ice rink at night is the perfect spot for a romantic reunion.

7. Legally Blonde

She’s hot, popular, and gets into Harvard Law School on a whim: there’s nothing that Elle can’t do; and to top it off she finds a cute, humble guy to be awesome with. Let’s admit it, we’re all a bit jealous.

8. The Holiday

Tired of being alone, two gorgeous women switch houses over Christmas – Surrey to LA; and as it turns out, they were on the wrong continent to start with. Their luck changes across the pond; Jude Law and Cameron Diaz do make a very attractive couple.

9. Jerry Maguire 

Yes there are a lot of ups and downs in this rollercoaster of a relationship, but Tom Cruise’s flawless smile makes it all worth it. This gem of a movie contains one of the most romantic lines of rom-com history: ‘You had me at hello’.

Which romance movie do you wish your life was like?

Photo Credits: imdb.commorningeyecandy.blogspot.co.ukcollider.comabiteofamerica.comtheguardian.comproject-blu.comhollywood.comamiablevibes.comconversafeminina.com