7 Movie Inspired Christmas Ball Dresses

It‘s coming round to that festive time of year again when all societies are planning their Christmas socials. So, with term soon coming to an end it’s time to dress to impress one last time before the year is out. The big question is what to wear to a formal dinner and dance? With a chill in the air, long elegant dresses are definitely the way forward. So what better place to look for inspiration than at some of the most beautiful dresses in Hollywood?

Daisy Buchanan (The Great Gatsby)

Add some sparkle and light up the room with Daisy’s fabulous 1920’s style flapper dress. This is a true work of art with the detailed beaded embroidery and satin bow. What occasion would be more perfect to show this sparkling little number off?

Cecilia Tallis (Atonement)

For most girls this dress is all too familiar. Who hasn’t at some point wanted ‘the green dress from Atonement’? The beautifully stylish silk green backless dress is the epitome of elegance. The simplistic shoestring straps, waist high belt and sweet tie front are all the dress needs. The radiant green is also perfect for Christmas.

Marisa Ventura (Made in Manhattan)

This is another effortlessly elegant number. The ruched chiffon enhances the waist line while the strapless empire line flatters most body shapes. The twisted detail at the bodice adds a pretty detail while gracefully adding shape to the skirt. The peachy pink is also a nice angelic colour for Christmas.