This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

YouTube is the go-to beauty hub for everything you need to know about makeup. But with so many beauty gurus embracing the scene it can be difficult to find new channels amongst your old favourites. Here at HCX we have picked out the best beauty YouTubers for you, with a range of looks from soft to sultry to choose from.

1. Rachel Leary

Rachel Leary serves her subscribers glam and glitz, dishing out advice and tutorials on how to achieve dramatic looks. This alternative autumnal makeup look incorporates warm tone eyes with a striking blue lip – perfect for a daring look this season. Her celebrity inspired makeup looks (check out her Ariana Grande ‘Side to Side’ hair and makeup tutorial), are perfect for those seeking to re-create looks from music videos and red carpet events.

1. Shaaanxo

Shannon is one of bigger beauty names on YouTube, with her channel having over 2 million subscribers. Her non-touring makeup tutorial embraces the strobing trend, with a dewy, flawless base to make her skin glow. She also has her own xoBeauty range of makeup brushes and eyelashes available online – ‘The Stunner’ false eyelashes are a great find for elongating your eyes.  

1. Linda Hallburg

If you find yourself constantly skipping lengthy video intros, take a look at Linda Hallburg’s channel. Linda’s videos are faff-free and fun, with bold, colourful makeup looks that you can make a statement with. The best thing about this makeup look is that you can wear the green/golden halo eyes and dark lip separately if you’d prefer to focus the attention on one area of your face only.

1. Kaushal Beauty

As well as creating makeup tutorials, Kaushal shows us that a flawless base begins before we put makeup on. Her skincare video offers tips and tricks for achieving clearer skin, with some helpful reminders to clean our makeup brushes as well (we all forget!). Her friendly voice overs are clear and precise, making it easy to trust her makeup and skincare review videos.

1. Joanna Vongphoumy

In the midst of all the big beauty names on YouTube, it can be easy to forget about smaller, underrated channels. Joanna Vongphoumy only started her channel in February and since then has garnered over 25, 000 subscribers. Her channel is growing quickly and it’s easy to see why when you take a look at her makeup tutorials. Blending bronzy brown tones with tons of glitter, her looks are well-suited for a gorgeous evening look for a night out in Unit 1

1. Denitslava Makeup

Denitsa’s tutorials may leave you thinking how can I re-create that? but trust us when we say you can really do it, with her in-depth, easy to follow instructions. Striking a balance between subtle makeup looks and glitter-packed showstoppers, there’s a look to suit any occasion on her channel. Check out her Easy Copper Glitter Smokey Eye tutorial for a gorgeous shimmery autumnal look.