david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 5 Spookiest UK Attractions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the spookiest of them all…? It is that time of the year again – Halloween! Everyone is getting their spookiest (or naughtiest) outfits out. Some of us however would like to spend it outside of our humble abode, therefore here are a few ideas as to where you could spend your Halloween this year.

London Dungeons (London)

We all know the London Dungeons are spooky on any day. However, for Halloween, they like to go the extra mile. The spooky trip this year promises a journey through time, showing you the most gruesome parts of London.

Thorpe Park (Surrey)

What a better way to spend Halloween than screaming your heart out on some rollercoasters? Every year the park holds something called a ‘Fright Night’, where the park doesn’t close until 10pm. Things get much spookier after dark, with events that you cannot usually experience throughout the year.

Zombie Uprising (Manchester)

A 3-hour survival simulation is bound to get your heart pounding. Who hasn’t ever imagined having to go through a zombie apocalypse?

Alton Towers (Stoke-on-Trent)

Another theme park to go to with their ‘Scarefest’. Less scary than the rest, this one is for those who like to have fun on Halloween, but would rather avoid a heart attack.

King Billy (Exeter)

Legends foretell that once you go inside, you will never come back out.  We have all wanted to go in there ever since we heard of the place, yet never dared to. What better night to visit?

(Jokes aside, any Exeter club is bound to be a whole adventure of its own)

4th year English student, who just loves to read a little too much. And has a mild obsession with Japan.