5 Minute Superfood Pasta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

After a long day of lectures and studying, cooking dinner is often the last thing you want to do. It can be tempting to order Domino’s or grab a ready meal, but (unfortunately) that’s not normally the most nutrituous option! Why not try making this superfood pasta instead? This recipe is super healthy, easy to make and – best of all – only takes five minutes to prepare. 

Serves 1

Ingredients:

1 Avocado

A handful of Spinach

A handful of Kale (best steamed or blanched) 

1 tsp Lemon Juice

Mixed Herbs

Dry Pasta

Method: 

Leave your pasta to boil. Mash the avocado into chunks and place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. When your pasta is cooked, simply mix in the sauce and enjoy! 

Simple! There are many ways to adapt this recipe by adding ingredients such as cheese or walnuts. For a gluten free option, swap the pasta for courgetti or butternut squash noodles. 

I am a fourth year student reading for a degree in English with History and Middle Eastern Studies. When I'm not busy writing essays, I love fleeing campus and exploring anywhere and everywhere. My favourite place in the world (other than Exeter, of course) is Iquitos in South America.