This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

As a basic latte girl obsessed with coffee, I am all too familiar with the dilemma faced in the queue for your favourite coffee shop. I have tried five classic autumnal drinks over the season to hopefully make that decision a little easier for you when you’re next in the queue for your Autumnal coffee.

1. PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE

I want to start with something you can never go wrong with, which is a Pumpkin Spice Latte. This must be the most popular drink during autumn; if you like a sweet and soft coffee with a sprinkling of cinnamon, you will love this Starbucks classic!

2. PUMPKIN CREAM COLD BREW

Normally, cold-brew is not my thing at all, but on a milder autumn day I decided to give it a try. If you like strong coffee, this Starbucks drink won’t disappoint. However, I wouldn’t recommend it to those of you who prefer softer drinks with a more delicate flavour

3. MAPLE HAZEL LATTE 

This Costa drink is one of my new guilty pleasures. It’s a classic latte with hazelnut syrup and maple sauce so, as you can imagine, it is very sweet. However its soft coffee flavour compliments this sweetness beautifully. Even better you can have it in cold or hot, depending on your mood so it is perfect regardless of what the unpredictable British weather is doing.

4. CHAI LATTE

Chai is a type of black tea with cinnamon, ginger and other autumnal spices. You should give this creamy but spicy drink a shot if you ever fancy a change from coffee. I tried one in Sacred Grounds – one word: amazing

5. LATTE

Latte might not be signed for the autumn season, but for me, it’s timeless. It has the perfect amount of milk – not too sweet or strong. Again, you can never go wrong with it; it never disappoints. I especially like the latte in ‘The Press House’ and it is definitely worth a try! 

With so many delicious autumnal drinks out there, this is the perfect season for coffee dates with friends and significant others. Whilst there is an infinite combination of autumn spiced and sweetened drinks, these are definitely my top five and ones any coffee-lover must try this autumn!

Hi! You can mostly find me writing about literature, lifesyle&health and beauty