The 2016 Student Elections Elections: “Believe in Reeve”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

This week HCX had the pleasure of talking to, Harry Reeve, a third year drama enthusiast, and contender for VP Education in the University of Exeter’s 2016 Student Elections.

Name: Harry Reeve

Year: 3rd Year Drama

Campus Celeb Status: Running for VP Education

Tell us an interesting fact about yourself…

Last year my friends and I decided we would make ourselves a theatre company and take a comedy show to the Camden Fringe. As part of the show we were dressed from start to finish in fluorescent spandex. I still have the leotard in my draw…

What’s been a stand out moment from your time at Exeter so far?

I’ve had the best time here over the past three years, but I think last summer’s EGB has to be the highlight (so far)! Everybody looked amazing and the fairground rides were so much fun!

What would be a perfect Saturday in Exeter for you? 

Although I love to have a lazy start to the weekend, my perfect Saturday would consist of a spot of retail therapy, dinner at ‘On the Waterfront’, and then boozy bowling to finish the day off.

What is your proudest moment since starting university?

I was in a really intense musical last term called ‘The Wild Party’, and it really pushed my abilities as a performer. I’m not much of a dancer but I found myself only 9 weeks later, hopping away to a 9 part harmony.

Why did you decide to run for VP Education?

I feel that Exeter already has such a high standard of academic excellence, but the University’s regulations are by no means flawless. For a while now I’ve noticed the issues and some of which have affected me over the past few years. I wanted to make sure that other students didn’t encounter the same problems that I had, and encourage students to get their money’s worth. After all we pay £9000 a year, we should be able to tailor our degree to what we actually want to study.

What makes you different from the other candidates running for VP Education?

I’m approachable. I take pride in the fact that I love talking to people, and getting an insight into their lives. I’ve always been socially driven, and that’s how I made my manifesto. I spent so long talking to students and finding out what their problems were before investigating any resolutions – this manifesto isn’t for me, it’s for them.

How’s the campaign going so far?

Great! The video is shaping up nicely, the logo looks awesome, and we’re now almost ready to go! I am so surprised and chuffed with the amount of support that I’ve received from my friends. Especially my campaign managers – I couldn’t have asked for a better pair! They are just absolutely excellent at everything they do and I honestly do not know where I would be without them. I am so lucky- they’ve become like my two fairy godmothers!!

Sum up your campaign for us in three words…

Feasible, honest and fun.

And finally why should we ‘BELIEVE IN REEVE’?

Because I care. I’m not just looking for a job to delay a year. I’m looking to make an actual change. I know what students need and I know what students want. And better yet, I know what’s realistic. I’ve shadowed Bethan Jones to get an insight into the role so I know what work needs to be done. I endeavour to continue her legacy whilst hopefully leaving my own. So if you want change – believe in me, believe in Reeve!

Check out Harry’s campaign video to learn more about his manifesto and like his page on Facebook to stay updated!

Twitter & Instagram: @believeinreeve

Deputy Travel Editor 2015-2016 A third year geographer with constant wanderlust.
Charlotte is a third year Maths and English student who is President for HCX. She loves reading about the history of major designers and browsing through their latest collections and enjoys running, ice skating and partying! She is also interested in making and designing clothes as well as buying them and has taken several courses in pattern design for Womenswear. A few years ago she ran her own small business making and selling shorts and lounge pants which she hopes to restart soon.  She loves visiting new places and would love to travel to France to improve her French and learn more about the culture and fashion. She thoroughly enjoyed being Deputy Editor for the Fashion and Beauty team in her second year so is very excited to be part of the inspirational HCX team for a third year.