This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

As temperatures drop and Movember efforts grow/ December draws nearer and Christmas steals the show/ What is on your list this year?/ Socks, pens and jumpers – not again!/ So HCX gives you ideas – there are ten!

The Christmas lights are on so there’s no more time to waste when it comes to present shopping! HCX has compiled a list of present ideas for anyone who loves to travel, whether you use this as inspiration for your friends and family or decide to ‘subtly’ post this on someone’s wall who may be lacking inspiration! There’s something here for everyone, on any budget!

1) Photo collage of travel memories: If you’re a bit strapped for cash or want to add a personal touch to an existing present, a photo collage is a unique and sentimental gift that anyone would love. It might be a selection of their travel photos to date or maybe one unbelievable trip you went on together, complete with tickets, receipts, foreign currency and postcards for ever-lasting memories.

2) Map pinboard: Similar to the above idea but this map-shaped pinboard can serve all kinds of purposes, an ideal place to plan all travel itineraries. HCX loves notonthehighstreet.com which offers this easy self-adhesive board for £25. Alternatively, many places sell scratch-maps to mark where you have been.

3) Laptop cover: Laptops are becoming common essentials for travellers so what better way to keep it protected than a brand new handmade Macaw Designs cover? You can design your very own at macawdesigns.com where you can choose your own combination of cover, ribbon and inner fabric.

4) Personalised luggage tag / passport cover: Hate getting your suitcase mixed up at the airport? Or just want a personalised luxurious touch to your travels? Then a luggage tag with your initials is a must for your Christmas list this year. Aspinal of London do a range of leather passport covers that you can embellish with initials if you want to go the extra mile.

5) Travel speakers: These obviously come in all levels of quality depending on your price-range, but are great for all travels; whether for pre-drinks in a hostel or lounging on the beach. This is a good one to pick up at the airport as a last minute buy in duty free!

[pagebreak]

6) Personalised map pendant / cufflinks: If you want to commemorate a special trip, getting a country or particular location put on a piece of jewellery is a truly special and irreplaceable gift. (Again, notonthehighstreet.com are great for these one-of-a-kind presents!) 

7) Travel books: There are endless destination guides that you can give anyone planning a trip but Urban Outfitters definitely have a wide selection of fun Bucket-List type books for any adventure-seeker! With titles from ‘How to be an Explorer of the World’ to ‘Lonely Planet’s 1000 Ultimate Adventures’ and a student discount of 10%, you’re sure to find something!

8) Personalised Camera Strap: So a new camera might be out of the question but there are endless accessories to give any snap-happy photographer. This personalised camera strap offers a sophisticated touch to any artsy-type.

9) Charms: Charms are also a special keepsake that can accompany anyone on their travels. St Christopher is said to protect travellers and is a charm you are sure to find, whilst Links offer a globe charm that opens up as a locket. (Just be sure that they have a bracelet to put it on!)

10) Ticket to Paris: You may be thinking that this is completely out of the question but if you book in advance, a return Eurostar to Paris is as little as £69 (although I suppose you do have to buy two unless you want them to go alone)! The girls at Her Campus agree that a weekend in Paris would be an unforgettable experience, but it’s obviously not the only option with Christmas markets across Europe and Edinburgh as a must-do for New Year’s Eve.

So there you have it: our list of 10 exciting travel-inspired presents. You can see why it’s not just the end of Movember we’re excited for here at Her Campus!

Photo Credits: notonthehighstreet.com, Pinterest, macawdesigns.com

Carrie Ashton is a third year Geography student and Deputy Travel Editor for HCX. Having been on a committee each year so far (organising the Exeter Halls Summer Ball and Treasurer for GeogSoc), she is keen to be part of something new - starting the travel section of Her Campus being the ideal opportunity! Having grown up in South Africa and travelled fairly extensively since and in her Gap Year, Carrie has a keen interest in travel. Although she loves lying in the sun with a good book, it is the more adventurous trips that she enjoys - including scuba diving, sailing and reaching the summit of Kilimanjaro last year in aid of Practical Action.