Valentine’s Day: Last Minute Style Inspiration!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Need some last minute style inspiration for Valentine’s day? This outfit would be perfect for a date, whether it be with that special someone or just out with your friends!

1) Mink Heart Print Shirt- £17.99 from New Look.If you can’t wear a heart print shirt on Valentine’s Day when can you!? This one is similar to the burgundy heart print Burberry shirt spotted on celebs such as Harry Styles and Victoria Beckham, but for a fraction of the price and in an uber-girly, feminine colour.

2) Love Cuff- $34 from BaubleBar.I thought this cuff bracelet was an alternative take on the very popular love rings that have been all over Pinterest. The rose gold colour is really pretty and on-trend and I think this is a really versatile piece that will spruce up any outfit.

3) OPI Nail Lacquer in Italian Love Affair– £11.95 from John Lewis.Perfectly manicured nails add a sense of class to any look and make you look a lot more put together. I love this elegant pale pink by OPI, the formula has a pearlescent shimmer, which leaves a lovely finish on the nails. 

4) Miss Dior Eau de Parfum- £42.30 for 30ml from John Lewis.Nothing oozes romance quite like a pretty, flirty fragrance. My personal favourite is this one from Dior, which has a light, floral scent that isn’t too overpowering and was created for the “elegant and spirited young woman in love”.

5) Wrap Skort- £32 from Topshop.Skorts are one of the hottest fashion trends right now with fashion magazines and bloggers worldwide raving about them. This one from topshop will compliment the busy print of the shirt and you’ll be able to wear it again and again. 

6) Peep Toe Platform Sandals- £55 from River Island.Heels will add a touch of glamour to your outfit and will instantly make your legs appear longer. These ones from River Island are lovely and as they’re platforms, the heel isn’t quite as dramatic as it looks and they will be a lot easier to walk in than standard heels, which is always a plus! Nobody wants to fall over in front of a restaurant full of people!

What will you be wearing this Valentine’s Day? x

Photo Credits:1 2 3 4 5 6

Bethany Strong

Exeter Cornwall

I'm a student of BA English & History at the University of Exeter's Cornwall Campus. I've always loved writing and I hope to pursue a career in journalism or publishing once I have graduated.