This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter Cornwall chapter.

Need a break from early morning lectures? Assignment deadlines getting you down? Well, Spring Break is just around the corner and this year at university is almost over. With exams on the way, some of you might be stressing about what to revise, what to read or, if you’re fortunate enough to have only a few exams, what to do with your free time in the ever-rare English sunshine. 

So, no matter what you may be doing this Spring, here are a few songs for the sunshine. Remember, whenever you study it’s great to have a few breaks in between. So, procrastinate for a little bit here and there and you should feel in a positive mood for Spring, no matter the course reading or the weather.

Kodaline: Love Like This

An excellent song for Spring, Kodaline’s Love Like This is the perfect tune for a beach retreat. Whether you enjoy watersports like surfing or sailing or simply want to relax in the sun with an ice cream, make the most of your free time. The good weather won’t last forever.

George Ezra: Cassy O’

George Ezra’s distinctive voice, paired with a catchy chorus in Cassy O’ is sure to get you in the mood for Spring – it’s the kind of song people like to sing (or shout, no judgement) over and over again.

Otis Redding: Sitting On the Dock of the Bay

There’s a reason Otis Redding is affectionately referred to as ‘The King of Soul’ – with lyrics that will stay with you long after you hear it and a relaxed blues style, this is a classic. So, when you’re sitting on a dock “wasting time”, play one of Redding’s songs to relax and take a break from studying.

London Grammar: Wasting My Young Years

If you aren’t listening to London Grammar, then you should be. Right now. Hannah Reid has the voice of an angel. That is not an exaggeration. With powerful lyrics and a style that blends both the classical and the electronic, the band has developed a truly unique style. In fact, it’s difficult to recommend only one song from their incredible debut album If You Wait. But, if you should start anywhere, Wasting My Young Years perfectly showcases their style.

Bob Marley: Three Little Birds

A classic spring and summer song. Who doesn’t like a bit of Bob Marley when the weather’s nice? Sometimes, especially drawing closer to summer exams, you might need someone to remind you – every little thing is going to be alright.